Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 378MBS fresh water tank drain

OK, time for another dumb question. Learning our new rig and am stumped....is there a drain for the fresh water tank? And if so, where the heck is it?
    I was draining/flushing tanks earlier and thought to look for a drain....can't see one at all. The dealer sent the rig out with an almost full tank and we are on full hookups all winter. No need to hold that water.
    On our Newmar MH there was a valve in the wet bay to dump the fresh...maybe this fifth wheel is set up different?
    Thanks for any advice.
    SteveM

Rig is a 2022 Solitude 378MBS-R.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    OK, time for another dumb question. Learning our new rig and am stumped....is there a drain for the fresh water tank? And if so, where the heck is it?
    I was draining/flushing tanks earlier and thought to look for a drain....can't see one at all. The dealer sent the rig out with an almost full tank and we are on full hookups all winter. No need to hold that water.
    On our Newmar MH there was a valve in the wet bay to dump the fresh...maybe this fifth wheel is set up different?
    Thanks for any advice.
    SteveM

Rig is a 2022 Solitude 378MBS-R.
    Look underneath, there should be a bayonet valve, like the black and grey tank pull, but this one would be white and pointed straight down.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Look underneath, there should be a bayonet valve, like the black and grey tank pull, but this one would be white and pointed straight down.
    Thanks, that's what I was expecting but didn't see it. But then I was looking up front where the tanks are. Just watched a marketing video on the 378 and think I spotted a white pull behind the rear stabilizer on the drivers side....seems strange that it would be back there, but I'll check tomorrow.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smullinax View Post
    Thanks, that's what I was expecting but didn't see it. But then I was looking up front where the tanks are. Just watched a marketing video on the 378 and think I spotted a white pull behind the rear stabilizer on the drivers side....seems strange that it would be back there, but I'll check tomorrow.
    Yes this is where it is. Fresh water tank is behind the axles so this is where you will find it and on the road side, at least that is where mine is. Mine is a bit of a pain because it inteferes with the skirting a bit so I need to pull down and out. Beware you may get wet because it is a large opening and water comes out very fast and splashes.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where it is.
    I would have thought the fresh water was up front with the other tanks, but I guess having the tank back there helps with weight distribution.
    Thanks for the pointer(s).
    SteveM