User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've used an Outland Cypress Firebowl for the last 2 years. Love it. I don't run it wide open, probably 3/4 at most. Seems like it just burns extra gas for no benefit of heat. The rocks will retain heat when you cut it off. It actually looks like a charcoal grill they glow so much. I was super skeptical about it but we love it. I've actually placed it in a brick campground fire pit and worked great. I need to add some more lava rock before next year. That's all it's needed so far. A 10 gallon tank probably would give you 2-3 evenings of burn time. It's also considered a food cooking device so can be used during burn bans but people will ask about it. I've been asked plenty times about ours in normal conditions. We've done smores on ours but have talked to people who have cooked hot dogs on theirs.
    2019 F250 FX4 gas with puck system
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    A German Shepherd and a Wife!
    Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had an Outland (19 inch with a hard cover) for almost 8 years, it's been great. Fairly goos on propane, if you crank it up high you'll blow through it fast but at med it seems efficient. We got it when we went west due to so many fire restrictions. Suprising thing was at some places we stopped it's still an open flame and was not allowed. That said it's been a good adition to the camping gear
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow - no negative stories. I'll get one. I will look around for a good used 20 lb tank to use too. Thanks for all the good feedback!!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    My daughter gifted us an Outland fire bowl and we love it. I was skeptical at first since camping and a "real" fire had almost been synonymous. But now I'm a believer. We got a long hose that hooks up to the quick connect so no tank to manage. I must say it makes it so much easier when one doesn't need to deal with firewood.
    But don't you miss sitting around the fire and having the smoke follow you around no matter where you sit?
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was against it but the wife talked me into it several years ago. I love it, haven't had a wood smokey fire since. Also some state parks dont allow wood fires but propane is allowed. You can still have a propane fire in National Forest with fire restrictions.
    No smoke, no ash on rv and truck, I won't go back. I have several 20lb tanks, use them on fire pit, griddle and heater.
    Last edited by Toy Haulen; 11-20-2022 at 07:04 PM.
    2022 Momentum 21G
    300ah LiFePo4, 525 watt solar
    2015 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Outland from Costco. Medium size-21" (it is between sizes available other places) Will never go back to wood!
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Pit enhancement

I love the Fire Pit but it sits too low relative to chairs... Here is my solution that works great for us.

I built a wooden box just slightly bigger than the diameter of the fire pit. The fire pit fits in it nicely and only takes up slightly more room in storage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	43942

On the inside I put some rubber tread to keep the fire pit from sliding around.

Now the cool part, (my wife rolls her eyes) I put a magnet in each corner so I could put the lid in and use the lid straps to hold it in place while turned upside down to make a platform for the fire pit to sit on. Lid is safe and secure.

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	43943

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	43944

With the box flipped over it makes the platform about 6" high and the fire pit at a much better height for warmth.

Name:	004.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	43945

Name:	005.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	43946

It also makes for a nice foot rest.

I may change the color of the box (or highlight corners) because guests sometimes trip/kick the corners cuz it's a bit hard to see when it's dark and the fire is going.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work @JCR GD, looks like a good addition to the fire ring. Thanks for the photos, they make it quite clear what the text is talking about.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    We bought an Outland Firebowl. Love it. One 20 lbs tank lasts about 3 nights, depending on how long you run it each night.
    What he/she said ☝️
    Bill and Nancy from SC
    2021 Imagine 2500RL
    2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    I have an Outland from Costco. Medium size-21" (it is between sizes available other places) Will never go back to wood!
    I like playing with a campfire, don't mind the smoke too much. I sometimes play with a wood fire while wife sits inside and reads. Wife has allergies to smoke so we have the same one from Costco. We use it a lot. it is really great when we traveled or get to a destination late and want an easy meal. A few brats on the marshmallow sticks, buns wrapped in foil on the side, a cold salad from fridge and a cold beverage....easy meal.
    I have used it on medium heat under the awning a few times when raining out. It is usually cool enough to put away in less than an hour. I can plug it into the trailer or attach it to a remote tank. I almost always travel with a full tank in the truck-bed. As far as fire bans on open flame, we haven't been to many places where a propane fire is not allowed. It seems to be up to the camp host/ranger. When we boondock, I just pick a place away from dry grass, shrubs, trees... and clear a dirt area a few feet around the firepit. I have used it on our deck at home on a piece of wet plywood, the bottom don't get too hot, just don't leave it unattended.
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast