Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remco 55-Aquajet - Stops randomly

I changed out the stock pump from GD with a Remco 55-AQUAJET ARV. It, in general, works pretty well, great pressure, quieter than the stock pump.

Problem we have with it, when I run it for long periods of time (showering is pretty much the only time we see this) it occasionally just shuts down. No more water. Give it a minute or two (turn off the valves) and it'll come back and work again.

Typically I think "heat" with an issue like this. I didn't replace the wire from the panel to the pump when I changed out the original, this pump draws more amps; wondering if I'm getting too much voltage drop, causing the motor to overheat?

That's my current working theory; I was thinking about setting a small 12V lithium battery right next to the pump to keep the voltage higher. However, I'd like to get some ideas/suggestions on what else I should look at. I suppose it could be the pump itself; strange thing is that it works perfectly when it's pumping, it never just randomly doesn't run, it's always when we use it for a long period of time that it decides "break time". The only thing that comes to mind it "overheat".

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would look at a relay if you were to change out the wiring.

Testing is what you should do, I understand that it may be difficult to access but with no testings, the parts cannon needs to be loaded.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Overtaxed

Current overload and motor heating is what I would suspect first. Seems like you are on the right initial track by ensuring the wiring is large enough to handle the load. Rewiring with the correct size wire will rule out that possibility, and doesn't take much time or cost. If that doesn't solve the problem you can concentrate on trouble shooting the pump.
    2020 Reflection 273MK