User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flat Spots on Tires

Hi folks. We have a 2021 Solitude 346FLS with the upgraded axels, electric over hydraulic brakes and the Cooper 17.5 H rated Work Series. Noticed the leading 2 tires had notable flat spots showing up. You can see the tread pattern worn and flat spot is noticeable without measuring. Replaced one of the tires and had flat spots show up within 400 miles. It looks like the result of brakes locking up briefly but I have never noticed any specific incident where that happened. Only showing up on the 2 leading tires so far. Any thoughts? Greatly appreciated. Dave C
    2021 Solitude 346FLS & 2021 F450 - Platinum 6.7 PS
    346FLS - Mods & Stuff - B&W Companion Hitch, TPS, RVLock, Magnum MS2812 Inverter, 4x Renogy 170AH Lithium Batteries, Progressive EMS HW50C, Splendide Combo W/D, and more to come!!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tires wear evenly. Your problem is the wheels are locked or the balance is severely out.

If it is indeed flat, I suspect brakes. If it is one tire, you may have a problem with that brake. If it is all of them, I would check the settings of your controller.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the trailer level with the truck attached? Nose high could unload the front tires some, and that could result in skidding at times. Just a thought.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
    Tires wear evenly. Your problem is the wheels are locked or the balance is severely out.

If it is indeed flat, I suspect brakes. If it is one tire, you may have a problem with that brake. If it is all of them, I would check the settings of your controller.
    I strongly suspect brakes are the issue. Is it possible the in truck Ford brake controller gain is too high? I also find it strange only the 2 leading tires have the issue. Again points to brakes locking on the leading wheels.
    346FLS - Mods & Stuff - B&W Companion Hitch, TPS, RVLock, Magnum MS2812 Inverter, 4x Renogy 170AH Lithium Batteries, Progressive EMS HW50C, Splendide Combo W/D, and more to come!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trailer is level to the truck when towing.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thought, maybe in the distribution valve there is some dirt that is partially blocking the two rear brakes causing the front to do most of the braking? Not sure if it is possible. I would do a good flush and see what happens.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles