User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baby It's Cold Outside !!

Woke up at 6 this morning to -2 degrees "F" real feel , actual outside temp 10* in Central Indiana . Hasn't really warmed up yet. Solitude is doing Ok but really no RV is going to stay warm for very long with these temps. We have single pane windows but shrink wrapped the windows to cut off the cold drafts. Doing OK except for our heated water hose that we have had for 4-5 years, can't remember. It's still on but has sprang an internal leak, hose ballooned up like a big fat snake. Went over on fresh tank until we can get a new heated water hose today. Dang $175 of a new heated hose.

Storage bay is staying @ 50 with the inside of the RV at 65* with the propane furnace set to 64*. Augmenting propane furnace with two electric heaters. At least we don't have 5 feet of snow!

Hope y'all are staying warm!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least you're not in Buffalo, some there got 6 feet of snow.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll keep replacing the heated water hose every few years (and never get rid of the plastic taste) until you either build your own or get one of these:

https://nofreezewaterhose.com/produc...ng-water-hoses

Stay warm!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Woke up at 6 this morning to -2 degrees "F" real feel , actual outside temp 10* in Central Indiana . Hasn't really warmed up yet. Solitude is doing Ok but really no RV is going to stay warm for very long with these temps. We have single pane windows but shrink wrapped the windows to cut off the cold drafts. Doing OK except for our heated water hose that we have had for 4-5 years, can't remember. It's still on but has sprang an internal leak, hose ballooned up like a big fat snake. Went over on fresh tank until we can get a new heated water hose today. Dang $175 of a new heated hose.

Storage bay is staying @ 50 with the inside of the RV at 65* with the propane furnace set to 64*. Augmenting propane furnace with two electric heaters. At least we don't have 5 feet of snow!

Stay warm. I’d say with those temps your doing great!

Bill
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    At least you're not in Buffalo, some there got 6 feet of snow.
    77" in Orchard Park. Hence the game being moved to Detroit. Go Bills!!!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post

If it makes you feel any better, daughter just told us it's 27 in Whispering Pines, NC. Colder than what my thermometer reads here - but not by much.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, daughter just told us it's 27 in Whispering Pines, NC. Colder than what my thermometer reads here - but not by much.
    I looked at the Weather Underground map library earlier this afternoon and about 90% of the US is in the freeze/frost zone today and tomorrow...

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I looked at the Weather Underground map library earlier this afternoon and about 90% of the US is in the freeze/frost zone today and tomorrow...

Rob
    Glad I went to the dealer to set up a warranty appointment (they don't answer phones very well) and they had their winterizing crew there. Drove home picked up the trailer and got that done. I was going to wait until it goes in to service this Wednesday.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I will NOT complain about our weather near Corpus Christi for the past week after reading your post.
    But...we are anxious for this weather to get back to normal. It has been 48 deg F with rain and 22 kt winds (real feel 38 deg F) gets old fast.

We still do our 3 mile walks daily with the dogs (we always bring our MT winter gear) but golf has been out of the question the past 5 days so it's off to the gym again today!
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are at our daughter's home with our 310gk parked in her front yard in Belgrade, MT, about 5 miles west of Bozeman. Been in single digits every night with about 6 inches of snow on the ground. I have a diesel heater in the front generator area but my wife complained about smelling diesel fumes, so I turned it off, it will keep the basement about 90 degrees, so now back to the propane furnace and fireplace. I have reflectex on all of the windows except the two by our bed. They are a sheet of ice in the morning. My wife likes to sleep cold........... I have spray foamed frame rails and it does help. I also have a 100 lb propane bottle hooked up to keep the furnace fed.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast