User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    @Steven@147

You're a lot tougher than we are. We got to our winter roost in North Florida about the 18th so we missed most of that cold snap.

Obviously, you know what you're doing, but I think I would forgo the heated hose; work off the fresh tank and keep the hose in the heated bay between fillings.

Good luck and stay warm!
    Well, right at this moment the temp is 18 and real feel is 11. We are leaving Monday to return to Texas, Galveston, for the winter. It hasn't been too bad up here in the north cold visiting family and friends. In the past we have stayed until Xmas but this year we are headed back early. Really its the yo-yo temps 55 to 20 to 55, and with wind chills at near 0 or below with winds 30-40 mph.

We do keep our fresh tank pretty full just in case the water or power goes out, and the campground (well) water connection is heat taped and with our heated water hose we haven't had any problems, its just more convenient. We were lucky Camping World, just 5 miles down the road, had a big stack of heated water hoses on sale and with our discount a new hose cost $126.

But then again I remember the winter storm that hit south Texas a couple years ago, that was miserable! It was so cold, snowy and icy, steam was rolling off the the gulf waters. Over 4 days of no power or water and no place to refill propane, we did have enough gas for the generator. I would hate to go through that again!

Oh, just had a propane tank refilled the other day, cost $34 for a 30# tank here at the RV Park.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 12-01-2022 at 09:20 AM. Reason: additional
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    31 in Central Texas this morning. No sense in being a snowbird at that rate.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post
    31 in Central Texas this morning. No sense in being a snowbird at that rate.
    I disagree. If the water lines can be kept from freezing with the furnace, it's just fall camping.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    @Nuffsaid

Can you give more info on the spray foamed frame rails? Did you do it yourself? Any info would be appreciated.
    Search in the winter camping forum, I did a thread on it a couple of years ago. I think it is very effective.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123