User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lithium Batteries

Looking at replacing the standard batteries in my 2020 Solitude 344GK with Lithium. Has anyone done that? Is just a straight battery replacement or do I need to replace the factory battery charging system also? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Greg and Colleen Gates
    Albuquerque, NM
    2020 Solitude 344 GK
    2019 F350 Lariat Superduty DRW

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A search of the forum for "Lithium Batteries" will bring up plenty of threads on this topic. Yes, it can be a straight replacement, upgrading the charger is optional.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to replace the factory converter with a converter that charges lithium batteries in our 2021 Momentum when we had the dealer install lithium batteries. Did the instal myself, it was easy, except for fiting in to the storage compartment.
    2019 F450 CC
    2021 Momentum 395MS-R

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did two BB and a 60 amp lithium profile converter. Replaced all the battery cables , installed buss bars and upgraded circuit breakers. The only thing I had to go back in on was the breaker from the converter to the batteries. On hard charge it would kick out and reset continually. Went ahead and upgraded the charge wiring at the same time since I was back in.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good upgrade to consider if doing a lot of dry camping. This will be my next project, solar, and all gizmos. To answer your question you need to check to see if your convertor is capable of charging the lithiums. My is a conventional converter and this means that it will only charge the lithiums up to about 85% of capacity. Still good as you can deplete the charge down to 5% compared to 50-60% of wet cell. However, you need to consider that the charging profile for both types of batteries is different. If you will continue to recharge them using the onboard converter, I would look into changing it out to a dual that can handle both. Good Luck.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch