User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. Let me make sure I have this right. Arrow left, tank on left but auto switches to right tank when left is empty. Arrow right, tank on right but switches to left tank when right tank is empty. Arrow down, both tanks and when they are both empty, no more gas????.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    Okay. Let me make sure I have this right. Arrow left, tank on left but auto switches to right tank when left is empty. Arrow right, tank on right but switches to left tank when right tank is empty. Arrow down, both tanks and when they are both empty, no more gas????.
    You've got it!
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it in one.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a Mopeka tank check

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    OTOH, you don't wake up to a cold trailer in the morning or wake up in the middle of the night to no heat. They always seem to pick the most inopportune times to run dry. We've used the automatic switchover for over 15 years with no issues. We don't usually stay where it's very cold either though, so that does make a difference. Checking every few days works for us, and only takes a second to open the door and look.
    Get you a Mopeka tank check kit. It’ll notify you on your phone when the tanks are lowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	83B0F74D-49DA-4612-BA55-F443A194C0B4.jpeg 
Views:	13 
Size:	139.5 KB 
ID:	43968
    Last edited by PeterAtt; 11-26-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is why I replaced the factory tanks on my Imagine with tanks from Costco. Each tank has a reliable gage attached
    and I can check at a glance for LPG quantity.
    I "always" refill the empty tank at the first available opportunity. We have extreme efficiency with our coach. The fridge, furnace, and outdoor grill are seemingly always going (fridge down the road) and we can typically get 8-10 days out of one tank when stationary, and 2-3 weeks if we are constantly moving!
    2018 RAM 3500 MC, CTD 6.7, 68RFE
    (2nd RAM MC w/CTD 85K Hitch Miles)
    2019 Imagine 2250RK, replaced hail destroyed BH (Brand X) in 2019.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    When you set the regulator toward a tank that tank becomes the PRIMARY feed. If both tank valves are OPEN then when the Primary tank is depleted the indicator will turn RED and the regulator will now switch to the other tank.. The indicator will stay RED until you turn it to the tank that is now feeding the regulator

I run mine with one secondary tank valve closed. When that primary tank is empty I KNOW that I still have one full tank to use

Running with both tanks open you HAVE NO IDEA the primary tank has emptied unless you check it several times a day to verify the indicator
    That's what I do that way I always have a full tank in standby.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right... but there's never any good reason to have the valve arrow pointing down.... ALWAYS keep it pointed left or right. If you use your propane appliances a lot check your indicator more often. I don't boondock too often and generally have RV sites with 50A service so I run most everything on electric... the water heater, for cooking, the refrigerator, & inside heat if it's chilly. A 30lb tank can last me several months because it's primarily being used to keep the fridge cold while traveling. I check the auto changeover valve to see if it swapped over from green to red at the start of each trip, after each day of driving, every time I dump my black tank, or if I'm using propane for more than just traveling. If I'm not in a situation to exchange/refill the empty tank when I noticed it and turn the valve I leave myself a note attached to my nautilus system that tank L or R needs replacement. It only takes a few seconds to check the changeover indicator valve.

We boondock for 10 days at the Daytona International Speedway for the Daytona 500 race in Feb each year and only have a Honda 2000 generator. It's used for keeping the battery charged, running some appliances 1 at a time, and occasionally running the 13K BTU AC unit if needed. Everything else such as cooking and refrigerator usage is done with propane during that time. The water heater is only turned on (propane) in the evening so we can shower and do any dishes and then shut it off until the next evening. Using this method I usually get all 10 days out of 1 propane tank.
    Last edited by IBEW Sparky; 11-27-2022 at 06:33 AM.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper02 View Post
    When you set the regulator toward a tank that tank becomes the PRIMARY feed. If both tank valves are OPEN then when the Primary tank is depleted the indicator will turn RED and the regulator will now switch to the other tank.. The indicator will stay RED until you turn it to the tank that is now feeding the regulator

I run mine with one secondary tank valve closed. When that primary tank is empty I KNOW that I still have one full tank to use

Running with both tanks open you HAVE NO IDEA the primary tank has emptied unless you check it several times a day to verify the indicator

Same as above. I leave one closed because I want to know when I'm using the last of the propane. Sucks when it runs out at 2 am and the trailer suddenly is 46 degrees inside.
    Been there, done that.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post
    Same as above. I leave one closed because I want to know when I'm using the last of the propane. Sucks when it runs out at 2 am and the trailer suddenly is 46 degrees inside.
    Been there, done that.
    Doesn't that increase the chance your one bottle runs out at 2AM, and now you have to get out and turn the other on in the middle of the night?

It's not terribly hard to check daily. All I do is unlatch the tank and lift it up (still connected). Not hard to tell it's empty... or close enough to switch and fill.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    Doesn't that increase the chance your one bottle runs out at 2AM, and now you have to get out and turn the other on in the middle of the night?

It's not terribly hard to check daily. All I do is unlatch the tank and lift it up (still connected). Not hard to tell it's empty... or close enough to switch and fill.

Mike
    Glad you think it's so easy to just unlatch the tank and remove it. Obviously youre not a 65 year old female. My tanks are large, heavy full and many times nearly empty and awkward.
    Switching a tank on THATS still full takes a minute or two no matter what time of the day but having no tank to switch over to is a lot more troublesome. I've got better things to do in life than check tanks every day, especially when I can control it.
    Jeri, Honey & Char
    2019 GD Momentum 376th
    2022 Ford F350 Crewcab 4WD SRW Diesel Longbed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast