User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdan View Post
    That would be a bummer. Good tip about the thermostat, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna remember to open BOTH of them! :-)
    I thought so to, then my wife quipped, "It looks like age is catching up to you!" (Grumble, grumble, grumble...)
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    I thought so to, then my wife quipped, "It looks like age is catching up to you!" (Grumble, grumble, grumble...)
    Maybe you should have HER go out and switch the tanks next time! :-)
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdan View Post
    Maybe you should have HER go out and switch the tanks next time! :-)
    Ummm, that will definitely be the death of me!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Ummm, that will definitely be the death of me!
    DITTO for me too!
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The propane regulators used are not the best. I've had to change the switch over regulator twice now on our 2019 because they started leaking. I think they are leaking out the top where the lever is, maybe there is a seal in there that starts leaking with repeated moving of the indicator lever?? I don't know. At least I think that is what my propane sniffer is indicating, a leak out the top of the change over regulator at the tank indicator lever.

Anyway I've gotten in the habit of never moving the top lever on the change over regulator. The right tank is always the primary as far as the red/green regulator indicator is concerned. The left tank is always the secondary. With both tanks on, when the indicator turns red to indicate the right primary tank is empty, the regulator automatically changes over to the left secondary tank.
    I close and disconnect the primary (right) tank, get it refilled, reinstall it and open the tank, the regulator indicator turns back to green and switches back to use the new refilled primary tank. I'll see if the switch over regulator lasts longer by not moving the top lever.

Every couple of cycles I'll swap the propane tanks side to side to make sure the secondary left tank gets refilled at some point.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    The propane regulators used are not the best. I've had to change the switch over regulator twice now on our 2019 because they started leaking. I think they are leaking out the top where the lever is, maybe there is a seal in there that starts leaking with repeated moving of the indicator lever?? I don't know. At least I think that is what my propane sniffer is indicating, a leak out the top of the change over regulator at the tank indicator lever.

Anyway I've gotten in the habit of never moving the top lever on the change over regulator. The right tank is always the primary as far as the red/green regulator indicator is concerned. The left tank is always the secondary. With both tanks on, when the indicator turns red to indicate the right primary tank is empty, the regulator automatically changes over to the left secondary tank.
    I close and disconnect the primary (right) tank, get it refilled, reinstall it and open the tank, the regulator indicator turns back to green and switches back to use the new refilled primary tank. I'll see if the switch over regulator lasts longer by not moving the top lever.

Every couple of cycles I'll swap the propane tanks side to side to make sure the secondary left tank gets refilled at some point.
    What days inside the regulator is a little rubber valve gate. Eventually it will not seal and start to leak, and you are correct, it comes out the top (most likely). Unfortunately, no company is willing to invest the time, money, and energy, into doing research on a better solution. It'll have to come from an independent, and will also need to cost the same or less to manufacture, with little to no cost on the equipment the production line uses to install them.

Personal opinion, the whole thing just needs to be redesigned.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234