User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry if I offended youi. Was not my intent.

Only point I was trying to make was leaving the other tank off does increase the likelihood that you will "run out" of the one tank that is on in the middle of the night. I do agree that it's easy enough to step outside and turn the other tank on.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeririgged223 View Post
    Glad you think it's so easy to just unlatch the tank and remove it. Obviously youre not a 65 year old female. My tanks are large, heavy full and many times nearly empty and awkward.
    Switching a tank on THATS still full takes a minute or two no matter what time of the day but having no tank to switch over to is a lot more troublesome. I've got better things to do in life than check tanks every day, especially when I can control it.
    You might want to look into the Mopeka Tank Check propane sensors. The new style, which is round, works really well.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you think it's so easy to just unlatch the tank and remove it. Obviously youre not a 65 year old female. My tanks are large, heavy full and many times nearly empty and awkward.
    Switching a tank on THATS still full takes a minute or two no matter what time of the day but having no tank to switch over to is a lot more troublesome. I've got better things to do in life than check tanks every day, especially when I can control it.
    Just curious why you are more likely to remember to fill the tank if you manually switch it over, instead of having it done automatically. Either way you have to remember, and if you change it over in the middle of the night, you may be so groggy you're more likely to forget. I check mine every couple days and I've never run out in over 15 years, and not gotten up in the middle of the night to change it over either.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Control what? You use the same amount of propane either way.
    When you see the indicator turn red. then you move the knob to the full tank. If you think you will then forget to fill the empty one... Remove it at that time and set it next to your trailer door.Get it filled and reinstall. Easy Peasy.

I take a look at mine daily in cold weather. It just takes a second.
    Never ran out in 30+ years. And I go thru a LOT during cold weather hunts.
    I acually have 8 spare tanks that I sometimes bring if I think I will need them on remote trips.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
    This is what I got from GD, which makes no sense:

Thank you for contacting Grand Design customer support. The valve is an automatic change over valve, correct.

The handle allows you to pick a primary tank to pull from, so if left in the middle, the sight glass is not reading the tank pressure at each tank.

If begin to turn the handle to either the right or left tank, the valve will pull from the primary tank until pressure is lost, then switch to pulling from the secondary tank.

Regards
    Talk about poor grammar. Sounds like it was written by an engineer who failed his English as a second language class!
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    As a full-timer, I want one tank to empty before drawing inn the other one. That way I can remove the empty tank and get it refilled without cutting propane to the coach.

I started off with the lever pointed to the left tank, when that one emptied, I moved the lever to the right tank, removed the left tank and got it filled. When I put it back in, I left the lever on the right tank until that one was empty. I pulled the right tank and moved the lever to the left tank, got the right tank filled and put it back in. Repeat the process, works well for me.
    When the 1st one emptied did the 2nd one start automatically and if so was the gauge still showing red until you moved the lever to the full one?
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdan View Post
    When the 1st one emptied did the 2nd one start automatically and if so was the gauge still showing red until you moved the lever to the full one?
    When the first tank was empty, the regular automatically starts drawing from tank 2. The gauge shows red until I replace tank 1 with a full tank or until I move the lever to point to tank 2.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the first tank was empty, the regular automatically starts drawing from tank 2. The gauge shows red until I replace tank 1 with a full tank or until I move the lever to point to tank 2.
    That's what I was figuring from all the comments. Thanks, we're gonna get a couple nights around 20 so sure don't want to wake up in middle of night with a cold RV and have to go outside to turn on tank 2 and switch the lever. Hope the 'auto' function works!
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdan View Post
    That's what I was figuring from all the comments. Thanks, we're gonna get a couple nights around 20 so sure don't want to wake up in middle of night with a cold RV and have to go outside to turn on tank 2 and switch the lever. Hope the 'auto' function works!
    Just remember to have both tanks open and connected. I had tank 2 filled, then put it back in the propane compartment, started it in, hooked up the hose and went about my day. This morning, I woke up to a coach that was 56° inside and knew instantly that I forgot to open the tank. So I went out, froze EVERYTHING off (even though I was fully dressed), opened the tank, went inside, and turned the thermostat to off, then back to heat, because it goes into lockdown if it falls to light after 3 attempts. (Ask me how I know this!)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember to have both tanks open and connected. I had tank 2 filled, then put it back in the propane compartment, started it in, hooked up the hose and went about my day. This morning, I woke up to a coach that was 56° inside and knew instantly that I forgot to open the tank. So I went out, froze EVERYTHING off (even though I was fully dressed), opened the tank, went inside, and turned the thermostat to off, then back to heat, because it goes into lockdown if it falls to light after 3 attempts. (Ask me how I know this!)
    That would be a bummer. Good tip about the thermostat, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna remember to open BOTH of them! :-)
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast