User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer and Turkeys

Just want to give a shout out to the folks at Grand Design for including outdoor kitchens with refrigerators in many of the models. The usually just beer in that fridge has moved over to make space for a turkey. And the rarely used ultra precise Furion oven will be pressed into service for the first time since I baked my iPhone in there last Easter. No kidding. I hope the bird does not take on any of the burnt plastic flavor notes that I have cleaned out throughly. I hope.

Note, if you use your phone as a flashlight to see the pilot flame, don’t leave it on there.

Happy Thanksgiving. Grateful that there is still room for a few beers next to the main course.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Thanksgiving back at ya! And to everyone else too.
    Bummer you melted a phone. I like to use a small metal flashlight but can't say it's ever been left in there.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the walkthrough from Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA, the guy showed us how to use the glass oven for to look for the reflection of the pilot light.

You open the door about 6-10 inches while lighting the pilot light and you can see the piezo electric igniter sparking, then the pilot light igniting. Hold in the dial until the thermocouple opens and away you go.

If I remember, I'll try to get a picture or two.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    At the walkthrough from Northgate RV in Ringgold, GA, the guy showed us how to use the glass oven for to look for the reflection of the pilot light.

You open the door about 6-10 inches while lighting the pilot light and you can see the piezo electric igniter sparking, then the pilot light igniting. Hold in the dial until the thermocouple opens and away you go.

Yessir, that's the way ours works: at the right angle you can see the pilot light and can tell when it lights off.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post

Except not everyone has an electric igniter for the oven. It's a 2 person process to light the pilot on our oven. Since the pilot light is all the way in the back, underneath the solid shelf in the oven, my husband gets down on the floor with the lighter, and I turn and hold the knob on the top of the stove.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Except not everyone has an electric igniter for the oven. It's a 2 person process to light the pilot on our oven. Since the pilot light is all the way in the back, underneath the solid shelf in the oven, my husband gets down on the floor with the lighter, and I turn and hold the knob on the top of the stove.
    The oven in our last fifth wheel was manual light. I replaced the piezo electric "clacker" with an electric igniter like on a BBQ grill, and ran an extra wire/igniter down to the pilot light so I could also light it too. A worthwhile accessory to save your back.
    Howard and Peggy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With our Furrion, You always seem to have to hold a lit bbq lighter in there for a few minutes before the pilot will stay lit...ymmv
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    With our Furrion, You always seem to have to hold a lit bbq lighter in there for a few minutes before the pilot will stay lit...ymmv
    Sounds like it is incorrectly positioned. The flame should be heating the thermocouple so the pilot will stay lit and then ignite the main burners. If you have to heat the thermocouple with a separate flame, it would appear that the thermocouple needs to be repositioned.
    Howard and Peggy

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will investigate...
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997