User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2022 Transcend 297 Slide scratching floor

I just got my new trailer home last night and the slide is scratching the floor on one side (oven side) when about 50% extended.
    I can partially solve this with a towel under the slide while it opens.

The floor of the slide comes to rest about 3" high when closed on both sides.
    While sliding out only the bottom moves at first for about a foot as it swings down and scrapes the floor for about an 3-4" inch, then the top starts to move and the floor swings higher and seems to stop where it should.
    The seals all look to be engaged when both fully in an out.

Is this an easy adjustment or simply normal operation?
    The trailer is level.

The dealer is over 7 hours away so a tow back is not an option.
    They are working to "find" someone in the area but I don't want to waste anyone's time or money is this is just normal or easy to fix.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eightpsimp3 View Post
    I just got my new trailer home last night and the slide is scratching the floor on one side (oven side) when about 50% extended.
    I can partially solve this with a towel under the slide while it opens.

The floor of the slide comes to rest about 3" high when closed on both sides.
    While sliding out only the bottom moves at first for about a foot as it swings down and scrapes the floor for about an 3-4" inch, then the top starts to move and the floor swings higher and seems to stop where it should.
    The seals all look to be engaged when both fully in an out.

Is this an easy adjustment or simply normal operation?
    The trailer is level.

The dealer is over 7 hours away so a tow back is not an option.
    They are working to "find" someone in the area but I don't want to waste anyone's time or money is this is just normal or easy to fix.
    It's simple in concept but trial and error in practice. Here's a starter video link:

Lippert slide adjustment walk through

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My big heavy electric in frame kitchen slide does the exact same thing. Since brand new. The dealer adjusted it once and was ok for a short time then back to rubbing the floor just a bit. I have been putting a very thin carpet under the inside edge (carpet upside down) which works great to protect the floor. I also watched the video and one day may lower the two vertical adjustment screws just a bit which should raise the inside floor as it tilts down going in and out.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax