User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where to buy an additional spare wheel?

After my second Westlake blowout in less than a year, I'm going to upgrade to Goodyear Endurance tires. And I hate not having a spare available after changing out a flat tire, so I would also like to buy another spare wheel so I can travel with 2 spares. Where can I buy the extra wheel? This is for a 2021 Imagine 2800BH, which has 225/75/15 tires.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you looking for a matching wheel or just a plain spare?

Etrailer sells wheels, you can even get some with tires already mounted. I purchased 2 spares for a car hauler trailer when we moved across the country. The tires already came mounted on the wheel, it was what I needed.

You could probably try any trailer shop for spares as well.

If you want a matching rim, you could look on the GD parts lookup and see if you can order one from GD.
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 11-25-2022 at 06:53 AM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the wheel. Since I'm buying 4 Goodyears, I'll be able to use the last 2 tires I purchased as the spares. One has about 100 miles on it and is mounted on the spare, the other has 0 miles on it - I bought it as an extra spare, but don't have a wheel to mount on it.

I just looked at etrailer - it looks like they have the right wheel: 15x6, 6 lug on 5.5. I see some on Amazon as well.

Thank you!

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lionshead is the usual supplier for wheels for Grand Design. You can call GD with your VIN to confirm that and get the model/series number for the wheel. You can also ask them about the best way to get the wheel - whether it is through GD parts or if Lionshead will sell to the public (or has dealer affiliations).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Lionshead is the usual supplier for wheels for Grand Design. You can call GD with your VIN to confirm that and get the model/series number for the wheel. You can also ask them about the best way to get the wheel - whether it is through GD parts or if Lionshead will sell to the public (or has dealer affiliations).

Rob
    I went through trying to get a rim from Lionshead this summer. They only sell to dealers, no direct sells. If you can't identify the correct rim just looking up the rim on the GD site, call GD support, they are great at helping, but will only sell via dealers. In my case, Etrailer, who stocked the same rim, was several hundred dollars cheaper than my local dealer.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 11-26-2022 at 08:29 AM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay thanks everybody - I've found what I need on etrailer. The Lionshead OEM rims are about $150 on etrailer: https://www.etrailer.com/Boat-Traile...ad/LH49FR.html

Lionshead also makes a cheaper steel rim for $80, and I'm going to order one to use as my second spare: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Tir...d/LHHA312.html