User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lithium Battery Install

I have a 2020 XLS Imagine 17MKE and am getting ready to make some upgrades that would help me extend my boondocking stays. One of these upgrades will be lithium batteries. I currently have 2 group 27, 100ah lead acid batteries that sit behind my 2 20lb propane tanks on angle iron. I would like to replace them with 2 batteries rather than one 200ah battery. The problem I seem to run into is that most of the batteries, if not all that I am considering will not fit in the same space between the angle iron that my current batteries fit. Has anyone had a similar issue and how did you resolve? Also, any suggestions on the type of battery monitor and charger/inverter would be welcome. Thank you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sok 206 ah is very close to a group 27 should be much smaller then 2 group 27's . Battery monitor i have a cheap renogy one works good don't have all the bells but tells you what you need to know . Charge inverter have a waco lithium one works fine nothing fancy here either.
    2019 super duty 6.7
    2021 solitude 2930rl
    1236 ah of Sok lithium 1200 watts of solar.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! I'll check it out.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put new angle iron on top of my frame rails and added an RVLOCKBOX. it's nice to have the Battle Born Batteries locked up. I have the 22MLE but they are very similar in this area. I also changed out the 20lb tanks to 30lbs.
    hope this helps,
    Brian
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210424_160804.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	43972
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210424_160817.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	43973
    Brian and Lennette
    2018 GMC 2500 Duramax
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put my SOK under the dinette. Could you find a place inside to put your battery? I then put a lock box on the frame where I store my blocks in transit and my hitch and bars while parked. Keeps the dirt out of the storage bay and grease out of the back of the truck.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a dinette but I may have space under my murphy bed. Thanks for the info!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you I will check out the SOK206

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MG17MKE View Post
    Thank you.
    @MG17MKE -

It looks like you joined several years ago but haven't posted much. Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) If you choose to get a paid membership (nominal cost and well worth it), you can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MG17MKE View Post
    I don't have a dinette but I may have space under my murphy bed. Thanks for the info!
    I have a 17MKE also. I want to put my 200Ah battery under the Murphy bed in that wasted space behind the drawers. How did you run the wires into that space? Thanks
    Frank & Nadine
    2023 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2021 Ford F‑150 XLT 3.5L V6 Hybrid 4WD SuperCrew Cab Factory Max tow package