User Tag List

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Friday Lithium Battery Deals

One of the YouTubers that are often mentioned in posts about Lithium batteries posted a notice on his YouTube channel about some very good Lithium Battery Deals. He even mentions some discount codes you can use to get an even better deal.

If you are looking to upgrade to Lithium, now might be a good time.

Check out his post at:

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugkxgl8...w2zeNQyPj6j56e

Good luck, and please let us know if you were able to take advantage of any of these deals.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes me wish I needed new batteries. Those Epoch heated batteries would be right up my alley for that price.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    JK

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this. I just recently purchased my first Lithium (my LA battery is getting long in the tooth).

The link you provided has a great resource in it, "Does not have low temp protection". That, to me, is a must have (or heated) for an RV battery. I don't know why so few of the batteries include low temp protection, how much could that cost?! Anyway, here's what I wound up ordering, I watched a tear down and it was decent quality; so I'm hopeful. I just wonder why I had to search so hard for one that will cut the charge if it gets below freezing, seems so easy to implement.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    Thanks for this. I just recently purchased my first Lithium (my LA battery is getting long in the tooth).

The link you provided has a great resource in it, "Does not have low temp protection". That, to me, is a must have (or heated) for an RV battery. I don't know why so few of the batteries include low temp protection, how much could that cost?! Anyway, here's what I wound up ordering, I watched a tear down and it was decent quality; so I'm hopeful. I just wonder why I had to search so hard for one that will cut the charge if it gets below freezing, seems so easy to implement.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Those ADCBATT batteries look pretty sweet. Just wondering though, why do you think low temp cutoff is so essential? Do you do a lot of cold weather camping? My Lossigy batteries don't have the low temp cutoff but so far it hasn't been a problem even with evening temps in the 20s. I keep my batteries in the front storage compartment. It would take more than a day of sub-freezing temps to get the batteries cold enough where charging would be an issue. For now, at least, I'm not planning on that type of camping. If I were, I'd move the batteries into a heated area in the coach (I may do that anyway to shorten the cable run from the charger to reduce voltage drop).
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Those ADCBATT batteries look pretty sweet. Just wondering though, why do you think low temp cutoff is so essential? Do you do a lot of cold weather camping?
    We do a lot of cold weather camping, but, really, more what worried me is that we keep our RV on shore power all year long, I was worried about having the converter turn on some early morning one day and frying the battery. When we're actually using the unit, I doubt it would ever fall below freezing in that compartment.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do a lot of cold weather camping, but, really, more what worried me is that we keep our RV on shore power all year long, I was worried about having the converter turn on some early morning one day and frying the battery. When we're actually using the unit, I doubt it would ever fall below freezing in that compartment.
    To protect the batteries, I generally disconnect them from the charger when cold temps are expected.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To protect the batteries, I generally disconnect them from the charger when cold temps are expected.
    That's a good solution as well, I just could see myself forgetting to do that (or forgetting to reconnect).

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good solution as well, I just could see myself forgetting to do that (or forgetting to reconnect).
    If you charge your batteries and the internal battery temp is below 32 degrees, you will probably kill your batteries if your Converter or Solar controller attempt to charge them. Better to have the batteries able to protect themselves versus you having to remember to disconnect every time cold weather approaches.

Of course, if your camper is in storage during cold weather, and you have no chance of charging the batteries even if they get cold, then you do not need a battery with low temperature charge protection.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK