Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pin size for jack pads Lippert 3.0

I took my rear pads off to paint them before putting on snap pads. I noticed that the hole in the pad and jack is 1/2" but the pin that is supplied it 3/8". Is there a reason to use such a small pin and have the pads all flopping around? Seems to me it will evertually wear the hole bigger like that, but perhaps is so that the pad can confirm to uneven terrain? The front legs are the same with a 1/2" hole. Wondering if anyone has changed these our to 1/2" stainless pins like these here?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B095NZZ6H1/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    2019 SRW Superduty 6.7 PSD
    2021 Grand Design Reflections 31MB

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03griz View Post
    I took my rear pads off to paint them before putting on snap pads. I noticed that the hole in the pad and jack is 1/2" but the pin that is supplied it 3/8". Is there a reason to use such a small pin and have the pads all flopping around? Seems to me it will evertually wear the hole bigger like that, but perhaps is so that the pad can confirm to uneven terrain? The front legs are the same with a 1/2" hole. Wondering if anyone has changed these our to 1/2" stainless pins like these here?

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B095NZZ6H1/...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Can't see any reason not to go with a stronger pin if it fits.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S