User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which generator?

I am going to purchase a generator for myTransend 247gbh tomorrow bear Monday. Ie been reading several posts about how big a generator for similar rvs this size needs to be (it only has one ac unit). I am looking at the Westinghouse 4500w and 3700w. I want to be able to power everything. I’m pretty sure the 4500w will do that, but it weighs 105 lbs. the 3700w only weighs 70 lbs and I am 67 years old. Can anybody tell me whether the smaller one should do everything I want?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkordic View Post
    I am going to purchase a generator for myTransend 247gbh tomorrow bear Monday. Ie been reading several posts about how big a generator for similar rvs this size needs to be (it only has one ac unit). I am looking at the Westinghouse 4500w and 3700w. I want to be able to power everything. I’m pretty sure the 4500w will do that, but it weighs 105 lbs. the 3700w only weighs 70 lbs and I am 67 years old. Can anybody tell me whether the smaller one should do everything I want?
    You will need to install the Soft Start on the AC then it will work just fine.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkordic View Post
    You make a good point about the weight. I'd never try to lift a 105-pound generator, even 70 pounds would get old quickly. How about two smaller generators that can be paralleled?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So u think the 3700w will do everything with a soft start? Does that lower the starting amps? Which soft start do u reccomend?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a Westinghouse ipro2500 for 3 years. It would run the AC with an Easy Start, but nothing else. Replaced the GFCI one year and the circuit breaker the next. Local repair guy said it was disposable, not repairable.

Might I suggest: Champion 200977 Duel fuel generator. Under 80 pounds and has 29 amps on propane.

EasyStart 364 Soft Starter
    Model-Part Number: ASY-364-X20-IP (non Bluetooth)
    OR
    Model-Part Number: ASY-364-X36-BLUE (Bluetooth)
    Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 11-27-2022 at 04:59 PM.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivercityjeff View Post
    We had a Westinghouse ipro3 years. It would run the AC with an Easy Start, but nothing else. Replaced the GFCI one year and the circuit breaker the next. Local repair guy said it was disposable, not repairable.

Might I suggest: Champion 200977 Duel fuel generator. Under 80 pounds and has 29 amps on propane.

Model-Part Number: ASY-364-X20-IP (non Bluetooth)
    OR
    Model-Part Number: ASY-364-X36-BLUE (Bluetooth)
    I bought the champion that u suggested. It works fine. Thanks