User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stackable Splendid washer and dryer install

Just recently purchased a 2022 310gk...had my dealer install a Splendid stackable washer and dryer...pretty sure they didn't do it correctly as it's only attached with brackets on the bottom of the washer.. it sways real bad because the dryer is only attached to the washer and not to the trailer walls...I called Grand Design and they confirmed that the dryer needs to be attached to stop the swaying and prevent the entire combo from falling out of the closet and into the bedroom. Asked them how to attach the dryer and the guy I talked with had no clue how it should be done...only said we don't do that...does any one know how the dryer can be attached to rig so it won't sway...also the washer when it goes into spin cycle it shacks the entire trailer pretty violently...doesn't seem right...any help or thoughts would be much appreciated

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde1f View Post
    Just recently purchased a 2022 310gk...had my dealer install a Splendid stackable washer and dryer...pretty sure they didn't do it correctly as it's only attached with brackets on the bottom of the washer.. it sways real bad because the dryer is only attached to the washer and not to the trailer walls...I called Grand Design and they confirmed that the dryer needs to be attached to stop the swaying and prevent the entire combo from falling out of the closet and into the bedroom. Asked them how to attach the dryer and the guy I talked with had no clue how it should be done...only said we don't do that...does any one know how the dryer can be attached to rig so it won't sway...also the washer when it goes into spin cycle it shacks the entire trailer pretty violently...doesn't seem right...any help or thoughts would be much appreciated
    Same units installed by the dealer and my dryer is attached to the washer but neither are attached to the trailer. Not sure if there is anything substantial enough to attach it to. Personally, I wouldn't want mine attached to any of the walls. So both free float and move when in transit and I sometimes shove them back in place once at destination though they typically find the same set spot.

As far as the shaking in spin cycle, don't think you'll ever eliminate it. I've found that heavier load (i.e more than one pair of jeans) and larger loads (when doing lighter weight clothing) together with a faster spin cycle reduces the shaking - just shakes a bit initially at slow rpms until the clothes are dispersed a bit more uniformly for the fast spin cycle.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is the same way, we did put a pool noodle on each side to dampen the earthquake.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours are Whirlpool stackables (same size as the Splendide units). The washer is anchored to the floor and the dryer fastened to the washer with the brakets. We have no issues with the units moving around during travel. Fastening the units to the trailer more rigidly would only increase the shaking of the trailer during the washer spin cycle... that's just a fact of life if the load is out of balance.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 02-17-2024 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Fix typo
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I secured the dryer with a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 "L" bracket to studding in the interior wall and purchased a pin box tripod to eliminate shaking caused by the spin cycle
    Bob and Shirley (both recently retired)
    Ontario Canada
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2018 Ford Diesel King Ranch F350 Short Bed
    Pull Rite Super Glide

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthe6 View Post
    Bob, would you mind posting a pic of your L bracket? Thank you.
    @ruthe6 -

Not sure who you're asking. Here are a few forum tips:

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWITTRO View Post
    I secured the dryer with a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 "L" bracket to studding in the interior wall and purchased a pin box tripod to eliminate shaking caused by the spin cycle
    Would you mind supplying a pic and a link to where you purchased it? Thank you.