Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fridge not cooling

We own a 2021 grand design reflextion 315rts i believe that is the model
    About a year ago the fridge stop working i went to the back and noticed free on was leaking
    We called grand design about the first issue service guy came out the guts of the fridge had to be replaced was major job
    3000 dollars grand design covered it . So now brings me to this year at the end of the season stop cooling . The freezer was cold but the ice cream
    was melted was not staying cold at all. Checked the back looked fine seemed like nothing wrong at the back . So now i am wondering if it is the coil inside the fridge
    that needs to be replaced the one with the fins on it . I checked the wire connected to the fin and then left it overnight still not cold . We had to borrow our friends fridge so we could still bring stuff up It is a real pain because we bought this trailer to have less problems not the case . We are in the Dunnville area in Ontario Canada anyone have any idea what is wrong . And if it is the fin thing is it hard to replace myself or do i need a tex guy. thanks for any help

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What temperature adjustments does your fridge have? On the fins is there a slider device for temperature? Move it upwards if so for more cooling. They can tend to slide down.
    Randy and Kris

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a gas absorption fridge? Sounds like it.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our frig wasn't cooling so well, so I decided to investigate. I was shocked what I saw when I took the black cover off of the frig roof vent. There is supposed to be a clear open vent behind the frig. Well our vent was virtually clogged with junk like scraps of cut plywood and roofing material that was left there during the sloppy manufacturing process. Once I cleared out the junk leaving a clear pathway for the heat to rise the frig worked so much better.