User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=bshgto;461794]
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    It's not minor if you continually lose ALL the air in less than a day's travel. It's a royal pain.[/QUOTE

All the air parts are sold on line.
    The newer improved manifolds are not yet available except through Horizon (still supply chain problems). They did finally send one and it is completely different. Whether that is the only cause of major air loss remains to be seen. Keep in mind, this Gen2 was delivered with loose fittings and a coupler shaft installed 180 degrees out by the factory. Who knows what else but I don't have a high confidence in the 2021 quality of construction for the one I have. If it takes proof to get a replacement, I'm willing to work through that to make it right. And, I don't mind leaving the rig at the dealership for a couple of months now since it's better there than buried in snow in my driveway. They have all the warranty parts except one which is back-ordered at GD. Just want it ready for spring.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=ajg617;461799]
    Quote Originally Posted by bshgto View Post

The newer improved manifolds are not yet available except through Horizon (still supply chain problems). They did finally send one and it is completely different. Whether that is the only cause of major air loss remains to be seen. Keep in mind, this Gen2 was delivered with loose fittings and a coupler shaft installed 180 degrees out by the factory. Who knows what else but I don't have a high confidence in the 2021 quality of construction for the one I have. If it takes proof to get a replacement, I'm willing to work through that to make it right. And, I don't mind leaving the rig at the dealership for a couple of months now since it's better there than buried in snow in my driveway. They have all the warranty parts except one which is back-ordered at GD. Just want it ready for spring.
    The 2 that I fixed for friends are available on line at amazon and seem to correct any leakage problems. The one I have I just took the whole device off and fill through an air valve. (device cost to much for what it does IMOP) Still have to top it off from time to time. But if you want to work it to death and wait for a gen 3 valve that will probably leak to........ I have had the Resse air born and a Lippert Trail air on previous campers and they did not leak but they didn`t have a complicated fill device either, air temps seem to change the settings more than anything else.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh the rabbit holes we slide down with the Goose... If a TPMS is good enough for you as a go/no go gauge then perfect. For such small volume and non-continuous reporting from a TPMS, it doesn't make sense for me. For under $200, I could easily install a linear potentiometer with a readout as this is standard off-the-shelf components. I was noodling how to make it an informative $100 affair given the umbilical junction is right there for power.

Except for the failed manifold I had, mine has operated as it should so not a problem I need to fix unlike the pin, which will be done here in a few weeks. The closer to max pin weight for the Goosebox, the more there seems to be complaints about the blow off valve. I have also gathered from a number of Escapees that those with a TV without an air dampened rear suspension experience this more. Sensible in both respects.

As for Horizon's manifold, it can be readily replaced with off the shelf components. The threads on the bag cap are standard, BOV available wide array of pressures easy as McMaster or any air bag suspension outfit. You need the BOV as to not risk blowing the bag since it has no reservoir. Horizon is building everything into the manifold for simplicity and because self-valved Schraders max out at 200 psi rating and are unreliable at the pressure. That's why the Horizon manifold is push to fill because it's a plunger seal.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    Oh the rabbit holes we slide down with the Goose... If a TPMS is good enough for you as a go/no go gauge then perfect.
    It isn't a go/no-go issue for me - that's what the view port is for. It's a diagnostic capability I want to determine what events lower the bag pressure to avoid having an empty view port every time we stop for lunch or fuel. I love how the trailer pulls with the Goosebox when it is aired up correctly - just need to lower the frequency of large air loss. FWIW, new manifold and TPMS have cost me nothing so why not?

But you bring up an interesting observation on pin weight (I'm typically around 3200) and air dampened suspension (which I don't have and may want to add). Some of the bridge expansion joints rocked the TV really hard in I80 and I90 this year - pretty much every travel day.

Pic of replacement (new version) manifold for the Gen2 is below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manifold.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	44271
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    It isn't a go/no-go issue for me - that's what the view port is for. It's a diagnostic capability I want to determine what events lower the bag pressure to avoid having an empty view port every time we stop for lunch or fuel. I love how the trailer pulls with the Goosebox when it is aired up correctly - just need to lower the frequency of large air loss. FWIW, new manifold and TPMS have cost me nothing so why not?

But you bring up an interesting observation on pin weight (I'm typically around 3200) and air dampened suspension (which I don't have and may want to add). Some of the bridge expansion joints rocked the TV really hard in I80 and I90 this year - pretty much every travel day.

Pic of replacement (new version) manifold for the Gen2 is below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manifold.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	44271
    John,
    That's the same valve I have. One end is the Schrader valve, I guess the other end is where excessive air blows off; I'm not sure if it adjustable or not, I never messed with it.

I hope this fixes your problem.

On a side note, I'm probably close to 3400 lbs on the pin. I don't loose any air (at least not yet). I have air bags on the truck too but a lot of times they are only good for adjusting the ride hight and not so helpful with the ride feeling.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123