User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gen2 Goosebox still has air loss issues

Posted by Reese on their site in response to the issue I'm experiencing - air loss in transit - air up every stop.

"Hello, thank you for your comment. We're sorry you are having air issues with your Goosebox. This issue unfortunately exists with some of the Gen 2 units. This is why we simplified the air system in the new Gen 3. Please work with your dealer and our customer support team to get a replacement air manifold. The soap test is just to confirm where the leak is coming from in the air system. Sorry again you are experiencing this issue, we understand it can be frustrating. Thanks!"
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Posted by Reese on their site in response to the issue I'm experiencing - air loss in transit - air up every stop.

"Hello, thank you for your comment. We're sorry you are having air issues with your Goosebox. This issue unfortunately exists with some of the Gen 2 units. This is why we simplified the air system in the new Gen 3. Please work with your dealer and our customer support team to get a replacement air manifold. The soap test is just to confirm where the leak is coming from in the air system. Sorry again you are experiencing this issue, we understand it can be frustrating. Thanks!"
    Are they giving you the "replacement air manifold?"
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    TBD. I haven't heard back from Horizon one way or the other but just forwarded on the requested receipt today. I also don't think the dealership wants to be involved even though I purchased it from them installed (wasn't given a choice on that) - but that's a whole nother story - not sure I'd trust them to repair it correctly.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much air are you losing and how quickly? I lose a little bit over time like 5-7 pounds over a month, but not during pulling after I fill it to 40 pounds.
    Curious on what you are seeing.
    Thanks
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by msutoad View Post
    How much air are you losing and how quickly? I lose a little bit over time like 5-7 pounds over a month, but not during pulling after I fill it to 40 pounds.
    Curious on what you are seeing.
    Thanks
    It was hard to tell - I could only get a reading when I hooked my Viair up and the gauge would register as I put air in. I could not get both my stand-alone pressure gauges to read. But in last few weeks, 100 miles and it would drop from 37psi (where it's centered) to low 20s. I do think it completely deflated the bag on a 250 segment through Indiana back in October. Every fuel stop, the pin is either invisible or at the very bottom which is about 30ish psi.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    I had to complain to Horizon Global without proof, but they sent me a new manifold yesterday. It won't connect to existing plumbing so I'm likely going to follow @traveldawg method of plumbing and add an extra tire linc sensor that I have.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to complain to Horizon Global without proof, but they sent me a new manifold yesterday. It won't connect to existing plumbing so I'm likely going to follow @traveldawg method of plumbing and add an extra tire linc sensor that I have.
    @ajg617,
    John, if/when you add a sensor beware that depending on how your TPMS works it may show low/high alarms as you start and stop. It happens pretty fast but mine would get annoying sometimes. I was able to set the low pressure alarm at 0 so now it just shows the pressure. I guess it does that because the air pressure is so low (compared to tires) and it varies well outside the normal parameters.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    @ajg617,
    John, if/when you add a sensor beware that depending on how your TPMS works it may show low/high alarms as you start and stop. It happens pretty fast but mine would get annoying sometimes. I was able to set the low pressure alarm at 0 so now it just shows the pressure. I guess it does that because the air pressure is so low (compared to tires) and it varies well outside the normal parameters.
    Larry,
    Thanks - that was going to be another question. I wasn't sure what to set it to and I guess I'll have to make it a triple axle and put the sixth sensor on the spare tire or it will keep telling me to re-program. I just have the factory TireLinc system and it is not very forgiving in setting high/low pressures/temps for an individual tire as I recall. May have to re-visit another option if I want to put any sensors on the GooseBox.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the gen 1. It would need to be refilled after every pulling day. I just plugged the pressure relief valve and fill it to 40-50psi. I probably need to top off a couple of times a year.

When I spoke with a reese tech about it he said the pressure relief valve was really only a safety against people overfilling them. If you dont put in more than the max pressure then your fine. Been a much happier camper since then. That was probably 4/5 years ago.

Edit: not sure if the new versions are any different or if that would still work.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    I have the gen 1. It would need to be refilled after every pulling day. I just plugged the pressure relief valve and fill it to 40-50psi. I probably need to top off a couple of times a year.

When I spoke with a reese tech about it he said the pressure relief valve was really only a safety against people overfilling them. If you dont put in more than the max pressure then your fine. Been a much happier camper since then. That was probably 4/5 years ago.

Edit: not sure if the new versions are any different or if that would still work.
    I guess their response is what is frustrating me a bit. Horizon techs gave me a difficult time in sending me a replacement manifold because they insist that the bladder and relief valve is designed to lose pressure over significant bumps else the possibility of damage to the bladder - clearly not what their marketing folks pitch. Try to avoid significant bumps on any interstate - not possible. Lost pressure pretty much every overnight and fuel stop. This was one of the primary marketing drivers for the Gen2 and now the Gen3 which has yet a different manifold.
    Robin & John

2023 stays

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast