User Tag List

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Make sure you have good towing coverage and just drive it. The odds are it won't blow. If it does, then you get it fixed first. It could be worse. You could have a brand that is still ignoring the issue.
    Problem with it blowing, you may be waiting for two to three weeks or more, for that new pump.

According to the newest revision if your pump goes out, they are not replacing the fuel tank anymore. They are just cleaning it out now. Good news as I have a Titan tank.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    Problem with it blowing, you may be waiting for two to three weeks or more, for that new pump.

According to the newest revision if your pump goes out, they are not replacing the fuel tank anymore. They are just cleaning it out now. Good news as I have a Titan tank.
    Spot on the tank cleaning. That was one of the things my service rep mentioned. He said they were not getting reimbursed the $5K needed for tank replacement even though it is in the instructions. So they only clean it now.
    Yeah the wait time would suck especially if I'm nowhere near my dealer which would probably be the case since most of my miles are towing.
    I knew about the CP4 issue when I bought it but I also have a lifetime warranty that covers the HPFP. At that time there was no recall or shortage of parts. How times have changed.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Spot on the tank cleaning. That was one of the things my service rep mentioned. He said they were not getting reimbursed the $5K needed for tank replacement even though it is in the instructions. So they only clean it now.
    Yeah the wait time would suck especially if I'm nowhere near my dealer which would probably be the case since most of my miles are towing.
    I knew about the CP4 issue when I bought it but I also have a lifetime warranty that covers the HPFP. At that time there was no recall or shortage of parts. How times have changed.
    Lifetime Warranty????
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Ah, but did anyone sacrifice a live chicken?
    No chickens, but probably quite a few deer.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Lifetime Warranty????
    Yep. It's through the dealer and takes over after the 5yr/60,000 stops. It's just a powertrain warranty. Whether it works or not is anyone's guess. It's similar to Fords ESP.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I am looking at diesel vs gas. Why that when I read/watch info on diesels it seems they say to make sure you have an app to make sure you have stops on the way? Very rarely have I seen a stop that didn't have diesel. So, what is the issue?

Also, I am reading that you don't run straight diesel due to regulations. Again, if the additive is mandatory then why not have it in the fuel to begin with?

Still gathering info guys. Full time is not something we are going to just jump into.
    I’m also in the diesel camp. I’ve pulled with both, and the difference is night and day. If you go gas, you will be listening to screaming high rpm’s with a 14k lb fiver. Makes for a frustrating tow experience, IMHO.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    He said they were not getting reimbursed the $5K needed for tank replacement
    Um...excuse me? $5K for a fuel tank and install? The tank is about $1K. $4K in labour ...huh. Takes a couple guys two weeks to install it I guess? Cleaning would take a lot of time....and you still have to drop and re-install the tank...which appears to be labour intensive. I'm thinking there is something more to this story.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nyfingerlakes View Post
    The lubricity problem was why I was adding Opti-Lube to the fuel for my 2015 Silverado Duramax. Tests were showing that it added lubricant and helped the Bosch pump work better. The Bosch pump is mounted on the engine and pulls the fuel from the tank.) I did trade for a 2019 GMC Duramax Turbo, that has a Denso (US-made pump, mounted on the fuel tank) and works well with the low-sulfur fuel we use, but I still use the Opti-lube (my choice - nothing says I "need" to). The difference between the gas truck I used to haul my old Sprinter 5th wheel with and the diesel I pull the Reflection with is night and day. I'd never go back!
    Pretty good (although a little old) article on lubricity…

https://www.proboat.com/2018/04/dies...-and-fictions/
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    Sure that COULD happen. Lots of things COULD happen. Most of them will not. But if the risk of the CP4 failing is bothering you to the point that you are afraid to drive it....It is time to sell it and get something you can enjoy. Life is too short.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt...ct=0&pstart=11

Diesel fuel additive lubricity study results.
    If you are using an additive, you may want to check this study out.
    Not all additives add lubricity. Some make it worse.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast