User Tag List

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NAKemp View Post
    Attachment 44805Thank you all for the input. Instead of getting the used SLT, I opted for a new SLE which is a good bit more dumbed down but most of the trucks that i've had in the past out side of the last one were plain janes and a couple of them didn't even have A/C when we lived in florida. I couldn't see paying another ten grand to get a few extras on a new truck and although the used one only had less than 2500 miles on it and was nice, i've never really had luck with used vehicles so having a new one with full warranty to me was the best thing to do. it came with the fifth wheel prep which the other one didn't. doesn't have the big old center console so you actually have more floor room. although the seat are cloth, they are still heated up front so i'm good with that. The only thing i would have liked is the bed view camera and the running boards are ordered and hopefully will have those installed this week so the wife and myself don't have to struggle getting into the thing. lol
    Congrats on the new truck. You'll love it. They are great trucks. I didn't order my running boards with my truck from the factory but added my own favs later. I paid $400 for the rugged ones I wanted and installed myself. I will say....now that I am used to all the cameras for pulling forward, backing up, and down both sides....I would not want to be without them. The trailering camera package is pretty cool.......but we camp allot in the deeps woods and staying away from rocks, trees, and other obstacles is tough sometimes.
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by COGrandDes View Post
    Congrats on the new truck. You'll love it. They are great trucks. I didn't order my running boards with my truck from the factory but added my own favs later. I paid $400 for the rugged ones I wanted and installed myself. I will say....now that I am used to all the cameras for pulling forward, backing up, and down both sides....I would not want to be without them. The trailering camera package is pretty cool.......but we camp allot in the deeps woods and staying away from rocks, trees, and other obstacles is tough sometimes.
    I'm wondering if that is an easy install or would it be just as dificult if i tried to have it done on the laramie?
    Last edited by NAKemp; 02-06-2023 at 07:14 AM.
    Neil & Diane Kemp
    2023 3500 GMC Sierra SLE with Duramax/Allison
    2022 150 Series 295RL, Disk Brake Conversion Kit, Solar Panels added.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NAKemp View Post
    I'm wondering if that is an easy install or would it be just as difficult if i tried to have it done on the laramie?
    Good question. My guess is that that trailering camera system is integrated into the audio/video system in the dash. I'm not sure if you can just "add" the cameras or that functionality if the head unit is different. I would call the dealer or do some research. I'm sure it's a popular question......
    40+ Year Camping Enthusiast--Living in CO
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC-LB D-Max Payload 3865#--- 5000 Air Springs w/Wireless Comp
    2022 GD Reflection 303RLS-- 565 watts of solar/560aH of LIPO4 batteries, 2000w inverter,
    DC Starllink- Comfort Ride Shock System and Lippert Air Pin Box

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819