User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wandering issue is very minimal as a whole of miles traveled but when it exists it sucks.
    Any vibrations from the tires/wheels can be addressed by figuring out which wheel is warped or is it the drive shaft. Always check those first.
    Tpms can be activated on a 450 via FORScan. All the components are there already. Just need sensors for the tires. I’ve done it on mine but I have aftermarket wheels and tires on mine because I wanted an all terrain tire. Just know this is an option.
    I have the tst507 for my trailer tires.
    Ford added the ability of viewing cameras in motion in 20 or 21 finally so that helps with their factory camera setup on the trailer. I don’t have cameras on mine. It’s a 45’ solitude.
    The turning radius is critically important in tight campgrounds. It’s amazing how quickly it will turn a trailer or get around objects as well. The commercial brakes are awesome.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input fellas. Ordered a 450 today; camera, wheel liners, star white, box liner.

Excited Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2013 Outback 300RB
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Are those seats and wheel liners not already included with a platinum? Platinum trim level has pretty much every option, honestly, for the price of the platinum, what's another $1k in options? If you think it's a feature you'll want, go for it.

I ordered a Lariat, but I skipped all 3 options you mentioned. I didn't see the need for wheel well liners , have had trucks with and without, don't plan on off roading with the 450 so should be OK. The seats didn't seem worth the extra $ for me and the trailer I'm getting is 44' long, who knows how well that camera will work at that distance. My last Momentum was 43' long and I could park and drive it fine without a camera, so I didn't see the need for a camera.
    I also ordered a Lariat for the same reasons you mentioned above...however, to each our own. It's okay that we each place different values on things. I had a 2020 F450, now a 2022. Both Lariats. Different than a few folks on various forums, I've had good luck with the tires and haven't had issues with vibration other than an out of balance issue that was corrected by my dealer with their new balance equipment. Also, I use TST for tire monitoring...I've liked it. You're gonna love your F450!! Best wishes!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    Thanks for the input fellas. Ordered a 450 today; camera, wheel liners, star white, box liner.

Excited Oldcow
    I just bought a 2019 F450 today. Have been looking for a while. My dealer is a good friend of mine and actually helped me out with this deal. We had a long talk about a new one but bottom line he said is super duty and especially platinum lines are shut down as of late November, can’t even put in orders now. Sucks, I would if I could. Wonder what the difference is between you up north of the border and us down here?

Congrats! You will absolutely love it! Can’t wait to get mine.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    Hello all. I've been talking about buying a truck for years and I think it's time.

I think I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a platinum F350 or 450. There really is no difference in price here in Canada.

Oldcow

450’s must be a lot cheaper down east, $15000 difference out here.

https://shop.ford.ca/build/superduty...ow-bp#/select/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    If it was me, I'd skip the factory TPMS and just get the TST 507. Cheaper, relatively small, and works great. If you have the TST display with you, you can check the tire pressures without the truck too. My 5th wheel is parked in my barn, so can check the pressures any time I want to with the display in hand.
    Ditto this. I went with the TST507 as well; it has been flawless and I’m really glad to have it.
    Mike 🏌️⛳️
    2017 Ram 2500 CC, 6.7L Cummins Diesel 🐏
    2022 Solitude S-Class 2930RL-R
    Full-time since 8/9/21

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I also decided.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2013 Outback 300RB
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone get their 2023 yet? Was specifically curious if anyone took possession of the 450 yet and if so, what is the top height of the bed rail?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigattime View Post
    Anyone get their 2023 yet? Was specifically curious if anyone took possession of the 450 yet and if so, what is the top height of the bed rail?
    I took delivery of an ordered 2022 F-450 King Ranch on Jan 12th that was ordered one year prior.

I had another 450 Platinum on order December 2021 that was never built. It converted to a 2023 F-450 King Ranch in October 2022, 6 months ago. Here it is 18 months after initial order and it’s still not scheduled to be built.

We are loving the 450 after owning several F-350 SRWs towing our Reflection 337RLS.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still anxiously waiting. There is a nice Denalli at the GM dealer...

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2013 Outback 300RB
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast