User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2023 F450 options

Hello all. I've been talking about buying a truck for years and I think it's time.

I think I am finally ready to pull the trigger on a platinum F350 or 450. There really is no difference in price here in Canada. I've read pretty well everything on these in the past 4 years and am well aware of the differences in the trucks and am mostly interested in the 450 for the turning radius. I am however still thinking about vibrations, wandering associated with the 450... In any case, that will be for me to decide which one.

I assume it is a given I should order the wheel well liners?

What about the "customer placed trailer camera?

The max reclining seats is a $500 CAD option. Not sure that is worth it but the way it's presented seems like the seat with this option also offers more adjustment settings.

The individual trailer TPMS is $575. Is that worth it or is an aftermarket solution cheaper and or better understanding I would add another screen. I have also read that there could be issues transmitting the data with a longer trailer.

Anything I really need to consider I may be missing?

Thanks for any input.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are those seats and wheel liners not already included with a platinum? Platinum trim level has pretty much every option, honestly, for the price of the platinum, what's another $1k in options? If you think it's a feature you'll want, go for it.

I ordered a Lariat, but I skipped all 3 options you mentioned. I didn't see the need for wheel well liners , have had trucks with and without, don't plan on off roading with the 450 so should be OK. The seats didn't seem worth the extra $ for me and the trailer I'm getting is 44' long, who knows how well that camera will work at that distance. My last Momentum was 43' long and I could park and drive it fine without a camera, so I didn't see the need for a camera.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    Are those seats and wheel liners not already included with a platinum? Platinum trim level has pretty much every option, honestly, for the price of the platinum, what's another $1k in options? If you think it's a feature you'll want, go for it.

I ordered a Lariat, but I skipped all 3 options you mentioned. I didn't see the need for wheel well liners , have had trucks with and without, don't plan on off roading with the 450 so should be OK. The seats didn't seem worth the extra $ for me and the trailer I'm getting is 44' long, who knows how well that camera will work at that distance. My last Momentum was 43' long and I could park and drive it fine without a camera, so I didn't see the need for a camera.
    You would think a Platinum trim level would have it all but it doesn't. For example it does not come with a moon roof which I don't want anyway.

I will not be doing any off road, so maybe skip the wheel liners. My thought is that it would give the front a more finished look? If all I get for the seat option is a few more adjustability points, I may skip that as well. I plan to get a 5th wheel 36 to 41 feet long depending on the model and what deal I find on a used one. I am an ok driver but not sure what the purpose of camera is. Have never towed a 5th wheel.

Did you order a 450 or 350? I see in your signature lone you are waiting on a 398, nice! And to your point, I don't have an issue ordering some options but I'm not interested in paying for something I won't get any value out off.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, waiting on a 398. I bought a Silverado so I had something to pick up the camper, it should be done in December. With the way 2022 was for Ford orders, there is no telling when the 2023s would be delivered and I didn't want to have a camper without a way to tow it anywhere. I ordered a 450, and hope I can sell the Silverado for close to what I paid when the 450 comes in.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing to consider when ordering options.....

The trailer camera's are wired, so you will have to run a wire with connection between truck and trailer, and, the trailer TPMS go inside the tires, so you will need to get them broken down, installed, and remounted.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post

The trailer camera's are wired, so you will have to run a wire with connection between truck and trailer, and, the trailer TPMS go inside the tires, so you will need to get them broken down, installed, and remounted.
    Good points I did not know. I am curious to know for $575 if the TPMS system they sell is worth it or if an aftermarket system is better/cheaper. I will read up on that today.

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post

When ordering our F250 SCREW Lariat was surprised that wheel well covers aren't standard. All my other Ford Lariat trucks came with them. Apperently they can be purchased cheaper aftermarket, and fairly easy to install if one changes their mind - we did not add them to our order either.

As for the factory trailer camera, we have a wired (aftermarket) camera on our 5er and love it. In our OEM F150 SYNC 3 radio with a aftermarket PICK inteface, we can use our OEM Nav screen to display upto 5 cameras (including while driving if necessary) Hope I can do the same with the F250 when it gets here.

We also ordered the trailer TPMS kit which comes with a harness that also has the factory trailer camera connection included (but no camera). The only issue I see with purchasing the TPMS kit is some tire shops wont break down a mounted tire and remount them. Also, I believe the valve stems included may need to be replaced depending on the wheel. But if one can get around these issues, which I think we can, and the Ford NAV picks it up, monitors and displays it successfully, it would definetly be a nice addition without having another monitor in the cab.

BTW, also ordered the Camper and 5th Whl Prep pkgs. The stiffer/extra rear springs and puck system are cheaper from the factory (and less a PITA to install myself).
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    When ordering our F250 SCREW Lariat was surprised that wheel well covers aren't standard. All my other Ford Lariat trucks came with them. Apperently they can be purchased cheaper aftermarket, and fairly easy to install if one changes their mind - we did not add them to our order either.

As for the factory trailer camera, we have a wired (aftermarket) camera on our 5er and love it. In our OEM F150 SYNC 3 radio with a aftermarket PICK inteface, we can use our OEM Nav screen to display upto 5 cameras (including while driving if necessary) Hope I can do the same with the F250 when it gets here.

We also ordered the trailer TPMS kit which comes with a harness that also has the factory trailer camera connection included (but no camera). The only issue I see with purchasing the TPMS kit is some tire shops wont break down a mounted tire and remount them. Also, I believe the valve stems included may need to be replaced depending on the wheel. But if one can get around these issues, which I think we can, and the Ford NAV picks it up, monitors and displays it successfully, it would definetly be a nice addition without having another monitor in the cab.

BTW, also ordered the Camper and 5th Whl Prep pkgs. The stiffer/extra rear springs and puck system are cheaper from the factory (and less a PITA to install myself).
    Thanks for the input. To my knowledge the camper package is mostly for a truck camper?

Oldcow
    2023 F450
    2021 397THR
    2018 DR650
    2004 Kawasaki ZRX 1224R

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    Thanks for the input. To my knowledge the camper package is mostly for a truck camper?

Oldcow
    It is.... but it does add extra rear leafs, rear stabilizer bar, possibly upgraded springs and shocks (depending on other options selected), and like you said a bed mounted camper certification from the factory.

We too have no need for the certification, but, the beefed up suspension and rear factory stabilizer bar is well worth it in my opinion. Added a rear stabilizer to our current truck and it was a very noticeable upgrade when it came to highway rut, truck and trailer tracking control, and eliminating 90% of the factory antisway nany that uses the anti-lock brake system and wears heavily on the rear brakes.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was me, I'd skip the factory TPMS and just get the TST 507. Cheaper, relatively small, and works great. If you have the TST display with you, you can check the tire pressures without the truck too. My 5th wheel is parked in my barn, so can check the pressures any time I want to with the display in hand.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast