User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great point Rob. Forgot about the width difference.
    2022 Silverado 3500 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab Duramax with BW OEM non slide hitch
    2022 Reflection 31MB w custom 7000# axles, dual panhard rods and G rate tires.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Just a note on this that his Solitude is 5" wider than your reflection so he won't be able to get this close to 90 degrees. I can get to about 75 degrees or so.

Rob

As well as being wider throw uneven ground into the mix, no way would I not have a slider with either trailer in a short bed.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post

As well as being wider throw uneven ground into the mix, no way would I not have a slider with either trailer in a short bed.
    I’m firmly in the slider camp, too. I have a Ram 2500 short bed. We had a B&W Companion hitch that we used with our Reflection 295RL (with the Turning Point pin box in use). When we upgraded to our Solitude 2930RL, I ordered the slider base for the hitch. That extra 5” width makes a big difference. I routinely use the slider so that I don’t have to divide my attention between offset to the cab and getting the 5’er where I want it. And I’ve had some pretty tight maneuvers in close campgrounds that would’ve had me checking and rechecking clearance constantly (esp. in Estes Park, CO). There have been plenty of places where I wouldn’t have to use it, but I’ve made moving the hitch back part of our check-in routine. I’d rather live the hitch than wrinkle my cab and knock out the back glass because I made a mistake on clearance. Better safe than sorry???

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “move” the hitch. Damned autospell.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcomer View Post
    We've had a short bed truck since 2003 with a slider hitch. I never used the slider option.
    My experience as well. Had the B&W turnover ball setup. Very heavy, but excellent unit.

Not a problem now. F350 DRW 8ft bed. B&W Companion puck system. Highly recommended!!
    2020 Solitude 382WB-R
    2020 F-350 Lariat CC DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12