User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leak under coroplast-Where to start looking? 310GK model

Black tank was near full, grey tanks about 3/4'ish full.
    Stepped outside to let the dogs out and noticed clear water on the ground, leaking from coroplast ever so little.
    Touched and smelled the water, had a smell to it so it could have either been grey or black water.
    Emptied all tanks. Flushed the black tank.

Checked this morning, no leak even though there is about 5 gallons of water and Happy Camper mix in the black water tank.

Where do I start looking on the 310GK? Do I empty my basement and pull the panel in there or start by removing the coroplastic?
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my experience with a leaking black tank valve, I smelled the problem before I saw any leak. As soon as I opened the basement door, I could smell it.

I dropped a portion of the coroplast near the tank valves and gallons of water came out, it was a mess!

You didn't mention where you saw water dripping. Was it near any of your tanks?

Might be worthwhile to loosen the coroplast in the vicinity of the leak and see if more water comes out.

Any chance it's rain water from driving, or had it been mostly parked?

I don't know how much you would learn from going through the basement area, you will most likely find the problem by looking under the coroplast.
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 12-01-2022 at 07:00 AM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As said above, look under the coroplast. Pulling a few screws should give you access to see enough to figure out the area where you need to look closer.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FT4NOW View Post
    From my experience with a leaking black tank valve, I smelled the problem before I saw any leak. As soon as I opened the basement door, I could smell it.

I dropped a portion of the coroplast near the tank valves and gallons of water came out, it was a mess!

You didn't mention where you saw water dripping. Was it near any of your tanks?
    Yes, looked to be under the black water tank

Might be worthwhile to loosen the coroplast in the vicinity of the leak and see if more water comes out.

Any chance it's rain water from driving, or had it been mostly parked?
    Parked. No significant rainfall

I don't know how much you would learn from going through the basement area, you will most likely find the problem by looking under the coroplast.
    Thanks guys. I'll have Freedom RV in Port A come out and deal with it since its underneath.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    Thanks guys. I'll have Freedom RV in Port A come out and deal with it since its underneath.
    Hope it's nothing major, tank leaks aren't much fun for camping.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsdad60 View Post
    We had a tech out a little over a week ago to deal with something stuck in the black tank valve (turned out to be a wet wipe). The Coroplast under the black tank (with gray tanks nearby) was easy to drop. Since the 310 is a drop-frame chassis, the front part of the Coroplast underbelly terminates right behind the waste tanks and the drain pipe. With some arthritis and getting a bit older, Laura won't let me spend a lot of time craning my neck up underneath the rig or I would have done it myself - although it's not the cleanest job in the world if you have to remove the valve.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 12-02-2022 at 08:07 AM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This morning after I drained and flushed the black tank, I use a water meter counter and added 40 gallons of water to the tank. No issues. (It is a 50 gallon tank)Drained that in prep for a visit from Wes.

Wes from Freedom RV came out at 11am and we discussed. He showed me a flange he had in his van which was a black tank flange and explained how the pipe goes into it. He said they can leak if the tank if overfilled and often do.
    He thought I probably had a really full black tank backed up almost to the toilet and caused the leakage.

He recommended drilling a small hole in the coroplast so that if this does happen again, the water has somewhere to go, and to be careful not to go more than the thickness of the coroplast with the drill bit.

We've not had a problem since and I was about a day behind emptying the black tank so his theory was sound.

Haven't had any issues since that Wed.