Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an intermittent problem and just started happening for what seems no reason. This morning I was using the Kitchen faucet to wash dishes with no problem, and then about an hour later, for no reason, the hot water wouldn't come out at all and so my husband turned the electric switch off on the hot water heater so we could cool it down to try to flush the hot water heater, and now before we had a chance to flush it out, we just tried it again and now both hot and cold are working again. It's really crazy.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like there may be a bit of debris inside the water heater which is plugging the outlet when water tries to flow, and is falling away when no water is flowing. A good flush of the water heater and a careful inspection might find it if this is the problem.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are going to add water to our holding tank and if it does it again, we will try our water pump. We've always been on city water.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That might be. A couple of weeks ago, it did this same thing, and we put 50/50 vinegar/water in it to set overnight and then flushed it out and it started working again. Some folks say you should turn the water heater on to let the solution soak. We did not do that because we weren't sure about it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaW View Post
    we just tried it again and now both hot and cold are working again. It's really crazy.
    Glad to hear it's working now.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the ideas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    I think this is my first post after a few years reading many postings.

Anyway, I had the same issue this past summer. Turned out to be a check valve at the back of the water heater. A grand Design dealer changed it in about 2 hours and we were back on the road.
    2022 F 350 Platinum CC - 6.75' - SRW - PowerStroke 6.7

2019 Reflection 337 RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently had the same problem. Turns out when I winterized (using my air compressor) I must have picked up some scale/debris (from perhaps the hot water heater?) and when I unscrewed the faucet diffuser (where the water comes out) it had enough junk to block the flow of water. It doesn't take much. I was very happy to find out it was an easy fix. I had visions of tearing the Nautilus apart, etc. Hope this helps! And Merry Christmas to all! Mark

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a conventional water heater, the cause is probably a bad check valve on the inlet of the water heater. Most dealers stock replacements and they are only about $15.00. Depending on the water heater location they are a challenge to replace, at least it was on my Reflection 230RL.
    2023 Reflection 337RLS
    2021 GMC 3500 AT4HD LB
    B&W Companion OEM hitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12