User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Microwave buzz sound when first turn on

Ok so we have a 2022 imagine 17mke. Our microwave since new makes a loud buzz sound when you push start. We turn off quick , push start again and it is ok. Ok so 3 microwaves later it does same thing. We decided to replace with one from rec pro. Same thing. Power at outlet was ok . Installed new outlet no help. Swapped breakers , same issue . Thought maybe was a staple in wiring or something. Ran new wiring 12/2 rather than the 14/2. Ran from panel to microwave. Same thing. So frustrating. We tried on the other outlet by stove seemed to be ok. We are on inverter but it does on shore power , generator or inverter. We have a 3000 watt inverter 4 batte born batteries and 1000 watts solar. Any ideas. At a loss here. Air fryer 1900 watts works fine as well as air conditioner with soft start , waffle makers , vitamix etc . If you don’t turn microwave off fast enough it will actually kick inverter out . But does like I say on shore power as well .

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use a voltmeter to monitor voltage at the outlet it’s plugged in to while the microwave is running, just to verify it’s not a power issue. Bad breaker?
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I can try that in morning. I did swap 15 amp breakers Same thing. So would you partially plug in microwave and use multi meter on plug ? I’m pretty mechanical and can do most things just being sure lol. Ya I ran a whole new wire . I was also wondering……. I don’t know tons about home electric but I’m not scared lol. I have wired some of political home etc. but when the breaker clicks into the holder I guess you call it. Could that connection be an issue. This has me baffled. I installed 1000 watts solar , inverter , transfer switch etc all my self. This happened before we did this . This has been since we bought the Rv. So crazy. Like if you turn off microwave. Restart it it is fine again and cooks like normal. So crazy . I decided to have some whiskey tonight. Lmao 😂

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreedy650 View Post
    I decided to have some whiskey tonight. Lmao ��
    Could you take the microwave into your house and try it there? That might eliminate some possible causes. Enjoy the whiskey, it helps you think about the problem, or better yet, forget about it.
    Last edited by alias100; 11-30-2022 at 08:11 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found a fix for now

Quote Originally Posted by Dreedy650 View Post
    Ok so we have a 2022 imagine 17mke. Our microwave since new makes a loud buzz sound when you push start. We turn off quick , push start again and it is ok. Ok so 3 microwaves later it does same thing. We decided to replace with one from rec pro. Same thing. Power at outlet was ok . Installed new outlet no help. Swapped breakers , same issue . Thought maybe was a staple in wiring or something. Ran new wiring 12/2 rather than the 14/2. Ran from panel to microwave. Same thing. So frustrating. We tried on the other outlet by stove seemed to be ok. We are on inverter but it does on shore power , generator or inverter. We have a 3000 watt inverter 4 batte born batteries and 1000 watts solar. Any ideas. At a loss here. Air fryer 1900 watts works fine as well as air conditioner with soft start , waffle makers , vitamix etc . If you don’t turn microwave off fast enough it will actually kick inverter out . But does like I say on shore power as well .

Update. Ok so after re wiring microwave same issue. Yes I went through a lot of hell to do this lol. We tried again on shore power and was ok. So…… we swapped plugs on inverter. Now works perfect. Our inverter has a heavy 15 amp plug in it. We only use here and they for one appliance and it has been ok as the hard wire terminal got hit along time ago and I can’t get a part for it. Anyhow now works fine. A new inverter is in the works now

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inverter creates an AC waveform. Yours apparently created a ragged waveform that caused the transformer in oven to vibrate/rattle.