User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Norcold Fridge too cold/Freezer Not cold enough.

My problem with my fridge freezer is the fridge side is at 35, but the freezer is only at 25! Control is set to 4. If I go colder in the settings the fridge gets too cold. I have added the extra fan on the top of the slide to get rid of excess hot air when it is warmer out.
    We are full time in our RV so the freezer is kind of important.
    Any ideas on what I can try to get the freezer colder without freezing the refrigerator section?

If this has been discussed earlier I did not find it with a search. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated and TYIA.
    Gary
    2016 Momentum 397TH
    18CF AC/LF Norcold 21171M
    Last edited by Aut2Bfishin; 11-26-2022 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Model #

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aut2Bfishin View Post
    My problem with my fridge freezer is the fridge side is at 35, but the freezer is only at 25! Control is set to 4. If I go colder in the settings the fridge gets too cold. I have added the extra fan on the top of the slide to get rid of excess hot air when it is warmer out.
    We are full time in our RV so the freezer is kind of important.
    Any ideas on what I can try to get the freezer colder without freezing the refrigerator section?

If this has been discussed earlier I did not find it with a search. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated and TYIA.
    Gary
    RV model? Fridge model #?

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I did add to the original post.
    2016 Momentum 397TH
    18CF AC/LF Norcold 21171M

Thanks,
    Gary

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to mention ambient temperature but you said you're full time so suspect it is normal. I'll mention that many refrigerator/freezers that only have one control/thermostat in the refrigerator section have a very hard time keeping the freezer section cold when the ambient temp is low (below 50°). This is due to the run time to keep the refrigerator section satisfied is too short to keep the freezer section at the normal 0°.
    Joyful & Drake
    SE Texas
    2022 Grand Design 2600RB
    2022 F150 Platinum 1777# Payload
    ProPride-3 1400 Hitch