User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintech slide issue

I am having an issue with my 2021 GD TT Momentum 31 g toy hauler’s living room slide. The dealer diagnosed it as a sill and gasket issue installed incorrectly at the time of manufacture. GD has declined to pay for the repair of slide issue. They said the unit is out of warranty and since I bought the unit used they would not warranty the issue. The dealer has quoted me $7,000 dollars to repair the slide. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Boisebill
    Boise Bill
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 31G
    2016 GMC 2500HD Duramax

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiseBill View Post
    I am having an issue with my 2021 GD TT Momentum 31 g toy hauler’s living room slide. The dealer diagnosed it as a sill and gasket issue installed incorrectly at the time of manufacture. GD has declined to pay for the repair of slide issue. They said the unit is out of warranty and since I bought the unit used they would not warranty the issue. The dealer has quoted me $7,000 dollars to repair the slide. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Boisebill
    Lawyer or fix it yourself
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @BoiseBill, sorry to hear you're having slide issues. Could you be a bit more specific about the type of issue you're having? There are many on this forum who may be able to help.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, we have found that the Schwintek slides can "drag" on the lower sill, preventing proper operation.

$7000 to fix? Find another dealer. All you may have to do is remove the screws on the slide that binds and shim it up a bit.

Hard to diagnose with out a better description of the issue, but, you could put a complete new slide in for less than $7000....
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Yes, we have found that the Schwintek slides can "drag" on the lower sill, preventing proper operation.

$7000 to fix? Find another dealer. All you may have to do is remove the screws on the slide that binds and shim it up a bit.

Hard to diagnose with out a better description of the issue, but, you could put a complete new slide in for less than $7000....
    Given what the OP has posted, it sounds like his dealer wants him to find a "different" dealer too.....
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further diag revealed wiper seal install too close to racks causing them to drag and get caught in roller wheel. This has caused the shoe on the block to break thereby compromising the system and causing room to bind

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiseBill View Post
    Further diag revealed wiper seal install too close to racks causing them to drag and get caught in roller wheel. This has caused the shoe on the block to break thereby compromising the system and causing room to bind
    Yes, I've had issues with the seals binding in the racks also. Something anyone with a Schwintek slide should look for.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S