User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 221RB issues

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I got a question. I bought a brand new 2022 Grand design trancend xplor 221rb back in july and have had nothing but issues with it. The awning I was told was mounted in the wrong location and dosent shut properly. The entry door has already been replace because it didn't shut properly. The end caps on the walls Going into the bedroom and bathroom came off. Lots of dust came in around the slide out and now the slide out had torn a huge gouge in the flooring on the front side of the slide out. Had anyone else had this many issues. Plz help

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkodle View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm new here and I got a question. I bought a brand new 2022 Grand design trancend xplor 221rb back in july and have had nothing but issues with it. The awning I was told was mounted in the wrong location and dosent shut properly. The entry door has already been replace because it didn't shut properly. The end caps on the walls Going into the bedroom and bathroom came off. Lots of dust came in around the slide out and now the slide out had torn a huge gouge in the flooring on the front side of the slide out. Had anyone else had this many issues. Plz help
    Call your dealer and get warranty done
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I have that's how the door was replaced. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this many issues this soon.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkodle View Post
    Oh I have that's how the door was replaced. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this many issues this soon.
    Well what did your dealer do about the awning?
    As far as trim it can fall off. Temp changes and rumbling down the road can cause this. Reattaching is easy
    As far as the floor it is important to inspect the area before deploying or retracting the slide. I spend a good amount of time for this procedure double and sometimes triple checking the area. I have had zero issues
    Good luck and happy camping
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, a lot of your issues sound like adjustments.

Slide adjustment would prevent torn flooring, the doors on stick and tin built trailers are notorious for needing tweaking because of the flexible wood framing.

Trim is usually glued on at the doorways. Couple screws fix that.

Awning installed wrong place- who determined that? The Dealer?

Not sure if you have owned an RV before, but there are far worse things that can happen.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer said the awning was mounted at the factory too high up on the wall so the motor makes contact with the rain gutter so it dosent close all the way. So the right arm (one towards the front of trailer) dosent close all the way. Was informed that it won't come open and should function normally to fix it they would have to reside the whole trailer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealership said the awning was mounted on the wall to far up the wall at the factory and the motor makes contact with the rain gutter. So the right arm of the awning doesn't shut all the way. As far as the slide I had the tool the trailer to the dealership because I had a lot of dust come into the camper around the slide out and I know they did some work to the seals and not sure I'd anything was adjusted. It worked properly before I had taken it to dealership. I probably ran it in and out a good 10.times and the first time I ran it out after getting it back the flooring got torn.