User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ecoflow Solar Generator Options / Delta 2 and Delta Pro Knowledge

Hello All:

I live full time in a Grand Design Imagine 2670MK and have posted elsewhere in regards to my journey down the solar rabbit hole. To summarize and make this simple in my opinion, I can only describe what works for me and what does not and highlight a few products that finally fill what I have seen as a gap in RV solar / solar generators.

I spent a few thousand dollars converting to Lifepo4 battery, in my case 200ah house base battery. I have two champion gas generators, 3 100 watt portable rockpal folding solar panels, a pair of HQST 100 watt solar glass panels I made into a folding suitcase design.

Over a year ago I bought the Ecoflow original Delta solar generator. The small Delta is the "bomb" for small size and fast charging with full AC power such as with your generator.

While off grid camping at the Ten - X campground just south of the Grand Canyon I finally got to test everything out and now share my opinion on what works great and what does not.

1. The upgrade to a 200ah Ampere Time Lifep04 battery was expensive but necessary.

2. Charging using solar panels really has its limits given such factors as trees, shade, weather and the fact the sun moves all day. In my case I kept moving panels all day to get maximum efficiency out of the panels. So for me solar charging is really a band aid to recharge your battery

3. My Delta was able to charge up in about an hour, the new Delta 2 model of this model has improved technology and battery life and its current price during December is $999 this month. I paid $1200 a year ago, and my original model is $798,,,

4. Now for what think is the best option in terms of a solar battery is the Delta Pro Model. This thing is a power house, has 30 amp plug for your RV and a tone of features including long battery life and fast charging. The price on this is also at a great low price this month of $3198.00 I am buying one this month and can answer questions and if you are near Prescott AZ I can demo both then Delta and the Delta Pro. Just be aware although on wheels this thing weighs about a 100lbs.

5. I am so impressed with their products that I went though training and am now an authorized dealer that pairs well with my mobile tech RV business.

6. They even have a "smart Ecoflow gas generator to pair with the Delta Pro, too much to talk about so do your research.

That's my opinion and I am sticking with it.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious why they don't call those "solar generators" what they really are: storage batteries. I guess "Storage Battery" just doesn't have the panache of "Solar Generator".

What is the actual ah of the Delta Pro Model, compared to a pair of 100 ah lithium batteries? My impression is you pay a premium for having your batteries and inverter all in one package.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Just curious why they don't call those "solar generators" what they really are: storage batteries. I guess "Storage Battery" just doesn't have the panache of "Solar Generator".

What is the actual ah of the Delta Pro Model, compared to a pair of 100 ah lithium batteries? My impression is you pay a premium for having your batteries and inverter all in one package.
    They are listed at 3600wh so that should be 300ah. They can be charged up from a EV charging station

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    They are listed at 3600wh so that should be 300ah. They can be charged up from a EV charging station
    For 300 ah, and an inverter, $3200 seem kind of high?
    Howard and Peggy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    For 300 ah, and an inverter, $3200 seem kind of high?
    Yeah it is if your only using it in your RV. It would make a great back up power station for a home if there was a power outage. It is a really cool unit, check it out on there website.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, I wonder how long that would realistically power a home in cold weather. Still, a lot of money for what you get.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like a lot of money if you have not done the research and not actually done a "conventional" solar conversion / installation as I have. I spent $3500 trying to make solar make sense. in my case for off grid camping and dry camping where they have generator hours such as the north rim of the Grand Canyon. And after spending all that money I spend my day moving solar panels as the sun moves throughout the day. Plus, I am not factoring in the many hours of research and my own labor to install. It starts with the LIFEP04 battery, then you discover you have to change out your inverter to one that can charge that battery chemistry.

It adds up fast in terms of cost and labor.

Ampere Time LOP4 Battery
    Progressive Dynamics 60amp converter
    Renogy DC-DC Battery Charger
    Victron Solar Controller
    Victron Smart Battery Sense
    Connectors, Copper wire, etc
    Ecoflow Delta 1300
    GoWise Power 1000 Watt
    HQST 100 Watt Solar Panels x 2
    Rock Pals 100 Watt suitcase solar panels x 3

I dislike the fact Ecoflow manufactures in China but the technology and capability of the Delta line just makes sense to me after all I have done. Give me a generator and the Delta Pro and I am done plus I can use this at home as well.

But the real key here is the rapid charge ability, 1.8 hours from a standard wall plug. It was taking me 5 hours to charge my house battery with the progressive industries inverter, that was costing me $15 a day in gas at the grand canyon plus being stuck listening to the generator noise, and stuck in camp.

They also have a smart generator that pairs with the Delta Pro, too much to talk about.

Finally, I am of Scottish decent, and value where my hard earned money goes. Check out the many youtube videos on the subject as I did,,,,

Merry Christmas to All.