User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I looked at the boxing option and it looks to be $22 per week.
    I do have almost everything on-line, so routine things I don't worry about. But it will be tax time, and there are a few bits-n-pieces that only come via mail that I would really want.
    It is also a pain that the few magazines/newspapers we get either have 30-day forwarding (magazines) or no forwarding (newspaper). After that, the PO just landfills them. I did set them up for on-line also...but I did pay for hard copies, so it is irritating.
    Perhaps renting a local box is the answer, forward to that, and deal with canceling and the pile when I get back....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    I looked at the boxing option and it looks to be $22 per week.
    I do have almost everything on-line, so routine things I don't worry about. But it will be tax time, and there are a few bits-n-pieces that only come via mail that I would really want.
    It is also a pain that the few magazines/newspapers we get either have 30-day forwarding (magazines) or no forwarding (newspaper). After that, the PO just landfills them. I did set them up for on-line also...but I did pay for hard copies, so it is irritating.
    Perhaps renting a local box is the answer, forward to that, and deal with canceling and the pile when I get back....
    Currently we return to MN before end of March so tax filing isn't an issue. But I had thought that once we decide to start coming back later, I would likely file a Federal extension (from the road) so it can wait until we return. We always have enough taxes taken out so that we receive a nominal refund each year. That will be beneficial because we then only have to file for an extension and not worry about making a payment by April 15, or any penalties for late payment if we don't.

I think all states are different but in MN, as long as you do not owe any taxes come tax time, you essentially have a 6 month automatic extension to file. There is no form to submit, unlike Federal taxes. Making sure taxes throughout the year cover your MN taxes owed, and you can expect a nominal refund, would help in the state filing extension.

Again, may not help now but a bit of planning can make things easier for the future.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy. We started going to Florida for the winter in the winter of 2016-2017. Right away we figured a few things out. He had a smaller brand-X 5er and about three weeks in we realized we owned a "camping" trailer rather than a "Living" trailer!

The couch and dining seats had thin foam cushions and we ARE NOT small people. Everything was smaller and closer together, not to mention it still goes into the 20's several times in the winter in northern Florida. The furnace didn't shut off at all some nights. The h0lding tanks were smaller as well.

While we were there we got the deal of a lifetime on a Solitude 2016 379FL from a private owner that had been used maybe two weekends. It is just now worth what we paid for it in 2017.

In Florida a heat pump is worth its weight in gold. It warms the Solitude down to the low 40's before we are forced to use the furnace. And we just love having the bathroom right next to the rear living bedroom on the same floor level.

As for the mail there are a couple of things you should know... The post office will forward "mail only" in the time-frame you mentioned...mostly because I believe it goes to your post office first. However, I subscribe to 3 or 4 aviation magazines. The post office WILL NOT forward magazines or parcels at all. My wife has to change the mailing address of the magazines in November so I don't miss any issues. A month before we head back north she has to put them back to the home address.

Enjoy your time in the south. We got used to being there really quick... As well as making life-long friends and finding a wonderful church with even more friends...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12