Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Have you ever actually weighed your rig or are you using numbers from the door?

My Sierra has more payload than your Ford and my 2400bh has me at max payload

I maintain a heavy TW which helps the trailer track effortlessly. My pass through has a lot of heavy gear in it
    It drives perfectly and zero issue. I think you will be perfectly fine as well with the larger trailer but only mentioned you will be at payload if you care
    I was hoping for feedback as far maybe people using the generator or saying gear id need for trip that would use up payload as I was confident in the trucks ability to tow. It’s been handy for running the traeger and even the rv. But I know towing and the extra gear would be nice. Buying a hd truck and diesel in this market would not be nice.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catalog is at 581 and I’m estimating 1000lb

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I had a '21 Powerboost and a Reflection 297 that is +/- 10,000 lbs. I was grossly over payload capacity. With that said, the truck pulled it like a champ up and over the Sierras and long trips on flat land. I got about 7 mpg's. The truck was fine pulling / steering. The parts I did not feel too safe was stopping. We decided to get trade in for the F250 Diesel. I feel much safer driving with it. W/o the trailer, I get about the same MPGs and pulling I get 12-13 vs. the Powerboost. The ONE thing I miss, is the on-board generator.
    I was hoping the '23 superduy's were going to have the 7.2KW but unfortunately is doesn't. So I got a '22 since I think they look better than the '23. I sold my Powerboost for $7k more than I paid for it w/ 12k miles on it. SO for us we decided to go with a bigger, more capable truck. I picked up a "relatively" quiet generator and will eventually add to the solar we have and get a proper inverter / battery setup.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Golftravel View Post
    I was hoping for feedback as far maybe people using the generator or saying gear id need for trip that would use up payload as I was confident in the trucks ability to tow. It’s been handy for running the traeger and even the rv. But I know towing and the extra gear would be nice. Buying a hd truck and diesel in this market would not be nice.
    Why not put the extra gear in the trailer. That way it would not affect payload. When I towed a 297RSTS with a 2009 Tundra, I put everything in the trailer so I wouldn't eat up payload and I was still 300 lbs over but still under axle rating. When you are close on payload put all your gear in the trailer to minimize weight in the truck.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that we carried more in the truck with the smaller trailer than with the big one. Which resulted in the ultimate weight on the truck being very similar between the two (and yes, that’s actual weight over the scales). If you have excess CCC in the trailer, then I would say you’ll be good. In our case, we have more clothes and tools primarily, and some kitchen stuff, for the long trips. With the new trailer, it mostly fits in the trailer (vice the truck) so truck capacity hasn’t been an issue.

We carry a champion dual fuel 3500W gen, extra propane tank to power it, and one of the external wheeled grey tanks when we travel with plans for no hookups. That all goes in the truck. Otherwise it’s just volume differences (more clothes, a few things here and there). With the powerboost you don’t need the gen - that’s the heaviest single thing I carry in the truck.
    Last edited by Stealth13777; 12-28-2022 at 07:45 AM.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same trailer and same payload (different truck). We keep the truck fairly lightly loaded and put the heavy stuff in the trailer. I'm right at, or slightly over payload on worst case scenario days but have been amazed how well my truck handles it. I did put on LR-E tires and RAS, both of which helped considerably. Only thing I'd like is more power in rolling hills, which isn't a problem your Ecoboost has.

I don't have the Powerboost, but wish I did. When towing across the SouthWest in the summer, I'd have the trailer powered up so the AC was running. It kinda stinks getting to your destination with the internal RV temperature at 98F. Takes hours to cool everything down.
    Matt, Irene, and Ruby (our Golden Retriever)
    2022 Imagine 2600RB with ProPride 3P
    2024 Silverado 2500 LTZ Gasser (3500 payload)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently own an xlt powerboost with over 1600lbs of payload. We have are looking into an imagine 2600rb which is bigger than our current 2250. I’m not worried about the powerboost towing it. I am worried about losing our quiet hours generator though if I wore to upgrade to a larger truck. But I would like to know peoples opinions on the trade offs. It’s a small crew so I know I’ll have payload to spare and the truck is fully cable of the trailer max capacity. We are planning a very extended rv trip and can think of pros and cons for both trucks when boondocking is involved. generator or solar solutions are welcome as well. Thanks in advance
    We also have a 2021 PB and 2250rk. I would never consider going larger than the 2250rk as we're at max payload already. Ymmv.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...nd-TT-(2250rk)

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thre...b-and-tt.7811/
    2021 Imagine 2250rk
    2021 F150 Powerboost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12