Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did the water go?

Got back from our last camping trip last weekend but didn't have time to winterize until this weekend. I left the heater on inside the trailer because we had a couple of nights that went below freezing this week and didn't want the plumbing to freeze. I did not leave the water heater on figuring it was insulated and mostly inside the trailer and that it would be unnecessary.

Today I winterized. First thing I did was remove the low point drain plugs. The cold water drain flowed for about 5 minutes. The hot water low point drain flowed for about 5 seconds and that was it! I put the plugs back in and went to the hot water tank to drain that. There was nothing in it. Where'd all the water in the hot water system go? My first thought was perhaps the water in the tank froze and cracked the hot water tank but there's no sign of water leakage anywhere.
    --
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL
    2016 Ford F-150 XLT

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It probably drained out through the cold water low point drain. Water can flow out the inlet side of a water heater.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    It probably drained out through the cold water low point drain. Water can flow out the inlet side of a water heater.
    yep - the water came out the cold water drain. The cold water goes in the bottom of the water heater, so it drains out from there too.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods