User Tag List

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haloview BT7 review and improvements...

Posted a while back about the Haloview BT7 camera system that's designed for the Furrion prep. Really nice setup. We've had some time with it now and have made a couple of changes that improved the performance.

Interesting to me that when I installed the system our Momentum 31G was under our RV cover and had perfect reception but once we left the cover the system could only muster 1 bar most of the time. There were several times during trips that the camera would drop out completely and it would take a few seconds to come back. Overall it worked ok but I wouldn't give it a more than ok grade. Great picture quality but overall meh performance. Haloview makes an accessory antenna with a longer cable so the antenna can be placed closer to the truck but I really didn't want to deal with the extra cable on the roof and with mounting the accessory antenna.

I felt part of that was with our Ram and the Haloview rear view mirror mount we could only use 1 of the antennas on the display as the the overhead console interfered with the right side antenna. After some research I found a guy with the same issue that used these little 90º fittings to allow the 2nd antenna to clear the overhead console. Super cheap ($8 for 2 of them) and work perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09VT7WFJ7...roduct_details

I also saw there was an extended range antenna for the camera itself. Worth a try considering it's only $10.00.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RK7KD7G...roduct_details

Here's the original antenna just for reference.

There's consistently 2 -3 bars now. Every aspect of the system is improved and I'm totally satisfied with the system now. Not sure if it's one or the other or the combination of both but whatever it is the camera works perfectly now for less than a $20 investment. Hope this helps if anyone else is having the same sort of issues with their Haloview.

Last edited by TerryH; 12-04-2022 at 06:26 PM.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey