User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M View Post
    I believe this is a Demco with certain user error if your looking for an example, not the hitches fault for sure.
    https://youtu.be/zSO6gZ_r7U8?t=1209
    Yikes! No matter what hitch is being used, hate to see that happen! It just takes a second and pays huge dividends to check, check, and recheck again.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah for sure. I believe this guy just got this hitch, new to him, but not new to hitching. So he obviously wasn't familiar with the hitch, he even states so during the video. I think he probably should have done the hitching without the video camera running, probably more of a distraction than a help but that's JMO.

The real point is I think with all these hitches magically releasing (no matter the brand) are more likely than not come down to user error, We are usually the problem. I think human error was the issue with the instance that Hoppy Frood refers to as well.
    Machines and mechanisms usually do what we set them up to do...or not do.
    Last edited by Bruce M; 07-11-2023 at 02:49 PM.
    Safe Travels,
    Bruce.
    2022 278BH 5th Wheel
    Tow Vehicle- 2023 F350 CCLB DRW, 7.3 gas, 4;30 gears

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe if he'd been paying attention instead of intent on his video making...
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper61 View Post
    I am moving from a travel trailer to a 303rls 5th wheel. I have never had a 5th wheel before now so I am not 100% sure what type of hitch I need. Looking for some advice. I have a 2020 Denali with the 6'8" bed. Do I need a slide hitch or will a fixed hitch work? I have been given a couple options by the shop doing the install. One is the Pullrite SuperGlide and the other is a B & W Companion fixed hitch. Thank you in advance for any feedback.
    We have a 150 series that I pull with our 2022 ram 1500 and we have a Curt hitch but since it’s a short bed we released the turning point pin box on the trailer. It really makes not having to worry about hitting the nose of your trailer with the cab of your truck unless you go more than 90 degrees. I like the setup that we have, it makes maneuvering the trailer pretty simple and easy. The only drawback is getting it hitched, you have to be pretty much spot on to get it latched but I took care of that with a hitch camera. I hope that this helps.
    Ron and Lorreta
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ram 1500 Laramie

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronsbh View Post
    We have a 150 series that I pull with our 2022 ram 1500 and we have a Curt hitch but since it’s a short bed we released the turning point pin box on the trailer. It really makes not having to worry about hitting the nose of your trailer with the cab of your truck unless you go more than 90 degrees. I like the setup that we have, it makes maneuvering the trailer pretty simple and easy. The only drawback is getting it hitched, you have to be pretty much spot on to get it latched but I took care of that with a hitch camera. I hope that this helps.
    Hello, from Franklin. We also use the turning point on our 260RD and a hitch cam. The turning point is a must with our flat bed with headache rack.
    2018 F-250 CC Flatbed Short Bed
    2021 Reflection 260RD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345