User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    While I'm not saying they don't work (I've never heard of them) but how do know they are doing a good job? As said earlier..you can't feel an out of balance trailer tire.
    They have been around a long time. One advantage for trailer use is they would balance both the drum and the wheel
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have been around for a long time, but that doesn't necessarily mean they work, that just means people think they work. A lot of people consult their horoscopes too. I'm completely on the fence concerning their efficacy.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I'm not saying they don't work (I've never heard of them) but how do know they are doing a good job? As said earlier..you can't feel an out of balance trailer tire.
    Sorry we are on the road going back to Texas, made it today to Carthage Texas late afternoon. Now a straight shot south to Houston on Highway 59, then on to Galveston. I must say great diesel fuel prices back in the home state, filled up for $4.19 a gallon! A couple places here in Texas I saw diesel under $4 per gallon. Back in Indiana and points west and south it was listed for $5.59.

Anyway, Yes the Centramatics have been around a long time most notably on semi rigs and yes they would balance out a drum and wheel as an assembly. We have been running them for the last three years and when we changed out the tires this fall (Westlake for Sailun) the old tires had no cupping like being out of balance. The best test I guess to say they are working as advertised, short of riding in the rig, - on a normal good road stuff don't move around inside the rig, inside the cabinets, while towing, less vibrations. That and the condition of the old tires after 3 years and 15,000 + miles. Towing on good parts of I 40 and I 30 today through Arkansas & Texas the rig was smooth as glass, and we were averaging 10 mpg at 65-70 mph.

That's about all I can offer up as to whether they work or not.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 12-07-2022 at 07:30 PM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Sorry we are on the road going back to Texas, made it today to Carthage Texas late afternoon. Now a straight shot south to Houston on Highway 59, then on to Galveston.
    How is towing a Solitude through Houston? I suppose time of day is the main thing?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is towing a Solitude through Houston? I suppose time of day is the main thing?
    I guess no different than any other big city. A lot of times we take the Sam Houston tollway but we have taken I 10 thru the city towing. Time of day is a factor but Houston is always busy.
    We take it slower and try to leave good distance between vehicles, we just plod along and shake our head at bad drivers in a hurry

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    I guess no different than any other big city. A lot of times we take the Sam Houston tollway but we have taken I 10 thru the city towing. Time of day is a factor but Houston is always busy.
    We take it slower and try to leave good distance between vehicles, we just plod along and shake our head at bad drivers in a hurry
    I just remember a couple years ago being their for work. I think it was called the Katy freeway outside our hotel. It was like 10 or 12 lanes in each direction.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    They have been around for a long time, but that doesn't necessarily mean they work, that just means people think they work. A lot of people consult their horoscopes too. I'm completely on the fence concerning their efficacy.
    They work on cars, trucks & vans...& you can tell if they work on them. Why wouldn't they work on a trailer?
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234