User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    Next time you get new RV tires, get them at Discount Tires. They will life time balance and rotate for free on tires they sell. Even on trailers and/or RVs. And you wont have to kiss them
    The problem I've found with Discount is they often don't have the equipment (or knowledge in some cases) to perform lugcentric balancing since 99.99999% of the time they do hubcentric balancing.

EDIT: fixed the balancing type. For trailers it is lugcentric and for vehicles it's hubcentric.
    Last edited by MoonShadow_1911; 12-05-2022 at 07:19 PM.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    The problem I've found with Discount is they often don't have the equipment (or knowledge in some cases) to perform hubcentric balancing since 99.99999% of the time they do lugcentric balancing.
    I have always managed to get it done there. Sometimes they need to get the adaptor from a different location..... And you gotta watch them to make sure they do it. Twice I caught them not doing it after I had requested it. Once they argued with me about the need.... They lost that argument when I told them I wanted the sale cancelled if they were not going to do it
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next time you get new RV tires, get them at Discount Tires. They will life time balance and rotate for free on tires they sell. Even on trailers and/or RVs. And you wont have to kiss them
    I had talked to the local Discount Tire and they said they couldn't balance lug-centric trailer tires. Be sure to check ahead of time.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    The problem I've found with Discount is they often don't have the equipment (or knowledge in some cases) to perform hubcentric balancing since 99.99999% of the time they do lugcentric balancing.
    Don't you mean vice versa?
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Don't you mean vice versa?
    Yes. Lemme fix the post.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really not sure how much difference it makes between hub and lug centric with modern wheels. They are all CNC machined...so....the lugs and hub are centric with each other.
    See people with aftermarket wheels on their cars/trucks? Very few actually buy wheels that are hub centric..but still get them balanced that way and...they work well.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I'm really not sure how much difference it makes between hub and lug centric with modern wheels. They are all CNC machined...so....the lugs and hub are centric with each other.
    See people with aftermarket wheels on their cars/trucks? Very few actually buy wheels that are hub centric..but still get them balanced that way and...they work well.
    I had some "modern" wheels on my Blazer, that had a huge vibration problem. I asked discount to try lug centric balancing them. They protested. They wanted to sell me new wheels. but I insisted. Problem is fixed.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I too remember reading about modern wheels that where CNC machined being able to be both hub and lug centric balanced. To me it would make sense that this would be the case due to the fact that most shops (or customers) dont have or know the difference. Especially if one has to constantly request that type of service and it not being available at all wheel/tire shops that provide balancing. Too much liability/trouble for them to ignore it due to complaints, if it where the case IMO.

Personally I have not pushed this issue when I got my tire/wheels balanced and never had any trouble with their performance afterward on any of the OEM or aftermarket wheels used on my cars, offroad vehicles, or trailers. Would be nice for someone (with this type knowledge) who works in the wheel manufacturing industry to chime in on this topic.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too remember reading about modern wheels that where CNC machined being able to be both hub and lug centric balanced. To me it would make sense that this would be the case due to the fact that most shops (or customers) dont have or know the difference. Especially if one has to constantly request that type of service and it not being available at all wheel/tire shops that provide balancing. Too much liability/trouble for them to ignore it due to complaints, if it where the case IMO.

Personally I have not pushed this issue when I got my tire/wheels balanced and never had any trouble with their performance afterward on any of the OEM or aftermarket wheels used on my cars, offroad vehicles, or trailers. Would be nice for someone (with this type knowledge) who works in the wheel manufacturing industry to chime in on this topic.
    You cannot feel an oiut of balance tire on a trailer...You cannot even feel a blowout.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    You cannot feel an oiut of balance tire on a trailer...You cannot even feel a blowout.
    This is true...A number of years ago I had a blow out....or maybe a flat that I ran on for a number of miles. I couldn't tell until I saw blue smoke in my rear view mirror coming from the curb side of the trailer. From dragging for some time on asphalt, the rim had a flat spot....
    I've always been a bit skeptical when people say they bought new trailer tires and it rides so much better now. I really can't tell from one set to the next.

But my Challenger has aftermarket wheels..not hub centric, but hub centric balancing works fine. Same with my Jeep TJ.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast