User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    While all the above suggestions are great, you also might be bumping up against a quirk in the WFCO Converter itself.

NOTE: regardless of whether you are on Shore Power or Generator, all the power going to your battery goes through the WFCO Converter.

I would suggest you purchase a "High Power" Lithium battery charger from Amazon capable of charging at 60 amps and attach that directly to the battery. Plug the charger directly into your Shore Power connection (or even the Generator) bypassing the WFCO Converter entirely. The reason I suggest getting a charger capable of 60 amps is because your 55 amp WFCO Converter might be getting overloaded by an initial surge of power demanded by the heating elements inside the battery. Consequently, your WFCO Converter is simply shutting down because it is over loaded and is trying to protect itself. I realize the "High Power" charger is only 5 amps more than the WFCO Converter you currently have I just think you are coming across a WFCO quirk that the manufacturer simply has not designed the Converter to address. Eliminating the WFCO Converter could pinpoint your issue to either the Converter, or the battery.

Note: I was going to recommend an 80 - 100 amp charger, however this 60 amp charger is the highest amp charger I could find:

https://www.amazon.com/Maintainer-Ad...s%2C88&sr=8-51

Good luck and let us know what you find out.
    Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I did some testing with voltages, and found consistent voltages at the battery terminals through the process, so I am assuming the WFCO is not shutting down. Or is there some design/protection feature in there that would result in there still being an elevated voltage reading at the battery? Thanks again!
    2021 Imagine 2400BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    @xrated has given you good info on getting started on troubleshooting with a multimeter. As for the location of the auto reset breaker they are usually mounted up front near the battery on the frame, or sometimes in a storage compartment near the battery. There are several types/amperage sizes but most likely it would look similar to this type in the link below....and it might not have the cover on it.

RKURCK 12V 50A Circuit Breaker Automatic Reset for Automotive RV Marine Boat with Protective Red Boot Cover https://a.co/d/accP0Ii
    Thanks! I will have a look around for anything like that. Thanks again!
    2021 Imagine 2400BH

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to be Scrooge here, but the WFCO converter-chargers don't have the best reputation with LiFePO4 batteries. There have been problems reported with them not properly sensing the lithium batteries and, even with lead-acid batteries, not switching between bulk and float properly. You might consider replacing the WFCO with a Progressive Dynamics or something similar.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I don't want to be Scrooge here, but the WFCO converter-chargers don't have the best reputation with LiFePO4 batteries. There have been problems reported with them not properly sensing the lithium batteries and, even with lead-acid batteries, not switching between bulk and float properly. You might consider replacing the WFCO with a Progressive Dynamics or something similar.

Rob
    Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. So far the WFCO has performed without issue with both the lithium (in normal temperatures) and lead acid before that in all temperatures (this is the model with the little physical switch on the control board). So I am pretty hesitant to lay out that much more cash and still might or might not work. Feels too much like throwing good money after bad at this point. Same reason I am hesitant to ship the battery back, as if they decide there is not a problem then I am either on the hook for a couple hundred or I don't get my battery back at all. Not sure what the policies of other companies are in this situation (i.e BattleBorn), but LifeBlue's policy (while maybe great if there is in fact a problem) has me really feeling in a jam in not knowing, and not a warm fuzzy feeling as a customer. Haha, but that's probably enough of me venting my feelings.
    Last edited by AMJF&FG; 12-07-2022 at 09:52 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said in AZ. If you are in the Quartzsite area, I would call "Discount Solar" 928-927-4551. Open M-F. Talk to them and see if they can help you.
    Our system is LifeBlue and we Did Purchase from them our system. Great People Fabulous Support! We even make a point to drop in each season and whenever we are there in AZ. We live in Utah Ss&Bs hm. Travel with 381M Toyhauler 2019. Good Luck, Always Safe & Happy Travels!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All. I just wanted to give an update on the resolution of this issue. It did in fact turn out to be an internal problem with the battery. LifeBlue sent me a new one, which is working as intended, without having made any changes to the system. They said that when they tested it, they were surprised to find that it failed in the exact manner that I had described, and that this is the first to do this in the three years since they released this version. I am just that lucky I suppose. Anyway, like I said they did indeed replace it with a new one promptly, and while much initial frustration in not knowing if there was another problem somewhere, their customer service did make it right in the end, and the battery is working great (heating from -2 to 41 in a short time). Thank you all for your input and helpful advise.
    2021 Imagine 2400BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very pleased for your successful update. We've been very pleased with our LifeBlue batteries as well.
    Safe Travels Always!

Quote Originally Posted by AMJF&FG View Post
    Hello All. I just wanted to give an update on the resolution of this issue. It did in fact turn out to be an internal problem with the battery. LifeBlue sent me a new one, which is working as intended, without having made any changes to the system. They said that when they tested it, they were surprised to find that it failed in the exact manner that I had described, and that this is the first to do this in the three years since they released this version. I am just that lucky I suppose. Anyway, like I said they did indeed replace it with a new one promptly, and while much initial frustration in not knowing if there was another problem somewhere, their customer service did make it right in the end, and the battery is working great (heating from -2 to 41 in a short time). Thank you all for your input and helpful advise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123