Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My Solitude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Solitude.

Purchased a 2022 Solitude on Sept. 15th. Have been looking at this model for two years and finally made the wife happy. 6 days later the far side living room slide quit working on one side. I was supposed to leave and the nice lady at the resort allowed us to stay another day. Called the salesman and GD and was told they had no one in that area and I was on my own. I crawled under the slide, pulled down the blanket and fixed it enough to work. Cotter pin in the gear holding it in place works. Two days later the far side kitchen slide failed. made the same phone calls and was told the same thing, you are on your own. Fast forward to November 30 and i finally had the problems evaluated and a written proposal for GD. Once they approve, or not, the parts will be ordered and another schedule put in place for the repair more than likely late January. Living with half a kitchen and the threat of the cotter pin failing are not very comforting. I've made it well known that we are full time and really need the space we purchased it for but that doesn't make a difference. Point is, I feel kind of feel neglected, lost, on my own. The salesman I purchased from handed me a little tag that said preferred customer. I don't know what that means. I thought buying new with a warranty meant something. I'm more than a little disappointed.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Design has approved mobile techs for warranty to many times to count. If it were me I'd reach out to CS bright and early and hope to get a different person who knows a bit more about approving for full time owners.

That said, which Solitude model so you have? Many here have good knoledge of the slide systems but we need to know which model because the S class has a different system than the full Solitude.

Welcome to the forum!
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. I know this doesn't make sense, but sometimes it's better to call the part manufacturer directly. LCI makes the slide components, and you might have better luck dealing with them directly. Can't hurt to give it a shot.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. I learnadid real quick after my purchase and one futile attempt at a warranty issue, that I would need to UP UP my ability to make repairs on the fly and on my own. This forum edumacated me pretty darn thorough as well. I just don’t need the headache of a dealership that truly has overstretched their abilities and will blow me off for a few weeks. I am grateful for this forum.
    Randy and Kris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022 st 390 rk-r

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the Welcome!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealers tend to be at the bottom when it comes to warranty and assistance post-sale.
    Call GD directly and they can give you approvals for warranty work - they are way, way more helpful than the dealer.
    As mentioned, they are good with reimbursing for mobile work, if you can document what/why.
    I was able to get a warranty issue approved via email and photos sent to the GD service rep. Getting the parts from the dealer, that's where things went sideways (I still can't get an answer from the dealer parts people after a year of calling and emailing).

Good luck and welcome!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LCI provides support because GD forgot what CS is truly about. Wonder if the new company that's just opened their doors with a former partner that helped start GD. Greed is an attribute Karma loves to bury alive.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve always gotten great support directly from LCI