User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to do this mod right so that it actually works, send back the MORryde unit and ditch the LOW QUALITY 50A cord provided and spend the money on a Glendinning. Not only are their reels ultra reliable, their cords use conductors with higher strand count = more flexible, and well as SEOW jacket = more flexible. This is what you find in Class A coaches, what SpaceCraft uses, etc. To qualify this, I am talking about the standard version and not the low-profile version. The low profile works too, but is more finnicky when the cord is fully extended (30') and you need to guide it as it wraps to make sure it spools uniformly. The standard version you can push the button and practically forget about it with the integral guide. I cannot yet justify spending about $1K delivered, but I slowly watch the RV junkyards and just missed one at a great price this past summer on a burned bus.

Truth told, our factory Furrion power cord is still brand new and never used in my garage. Those of you I have camped with often ask me about the safety yellow shore power cord we have, and it is a 30' SEOW with high-stand 6ga (x3) and 8ga (x1) conductors that I can roll to 8" diameter even in single-digit temps.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All,

I installed the MORyde Motorized Easy Reel Spool next to the wetbay. I had to reroute a couple electrical wires and then installed the reel. I decided to install a separate 10amp circuit directly from the battery using a 14 gauge circuit with a resettable 10amp breaker. After installation, I gave it a whirl. Truth be told, the MORyde Reel resettable cb on the reel kept opening. Granted, the 50amp cable was stiff and cold. However, I expected it to have a little more capability than it did. In any case, after a few starts, stops, and resets, the cable was wound up for the rest of the winter. I'm sure hoping the reel works better when the cable is a little warmer.

David

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's when I'd really feel the reel would be handy: when it's cold and the cable to stiff to coil up. When it's warm, it's no biggie.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a motorize reel from factory and just quit working on 12 volt. Called GD tech service and they were zero help. They didn’t know what circuit it was on and said it could be a bad breaker or bad fuse in fuse box, both of which I had already checked and told them on initial call. Save yourself some disappointment and bypass GD tech service

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired2014 View Post
    I have a motorize reel from factory and just quit working on 12 volt. Called GD tech service and they were zero help. They didn’t know what circuit it was on and said it could be a bad breaker or bad fuse in fuse box, both of which I had already checked and told them on initial call. Save yourself some disappointment and bypass GD tech service
    There’s a resettable breaker right next to the switch that seems to open under heavy load. It will open way before the 12v fuse.

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12