User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandtb1919 View Post
    Wow!!! That is quite the plan. I would not have the stomach to pull that off. I was nervous enough waiting the 3 months for my 350 DRW to get built that the value of my 350 SRW value would dip too much. It all worked out though. As someone mentioned above, it is unlikely that in my lifetime I will be able to get more for a 3YO vehicle than I paid for it.
    Depreciation of trade in was the biggest concern. But not having any risk due to no deposit and no commitment on the new truck orders made the concern minimal.

My 2020 F-350 SRW trade was trade in valued $3,000 less ($71k vs $74k) by the time the 2022 was built. But in the mean time I received a $2,000 Exclusive Cash offer from Ford that offset all but $1,000 of the depreciation. I’m still waiting for the 2-F450s that were built to arrive.

Even crazier, I traded my 2020 Nissan Leaf EV in on a 2023 Leaf 6 weeks ago. I couldn’t pass this up because with the trade-in of the 2020 Leaf and the $7,500 tax credit it cost me only $400. Then yesterday, only 6 weeks after purchasing it I sold it back to the dealership and made $1,000 after factoring in the tax credit. I only sold it because I had ordered a Tesla Model Y 10 weeks ago and it was unexpectedly built early and I’m taking delivery next Friday. Tesla is offering a $3,750 price reduction on cars delivered in December.

After the smoke clears by the end of this year I will have purchased 65 new car/trucks but only married once since 1969. But who is counting?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2D69D2F6-6103-41E8-BFD0-19886825AB33.jpeg   DBF3A884-A8A2-4354-8173-1C6381D709B9.jpeg   698E07D1-A917-422C-8E1C-063F2E74112C.jpeg   4DA45AF5-BE58-4D12-8F40-8BE2D4583440.jpeg  
    Last edited by Jerryr; 12-10-2022 at 06:59 AM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    I believe your decision process and choice of trucks makes sense for you. I would have done the same in your shoes.

Sometime next summer... I am a bike fanatic, they excite me. But man, I'm really excited about this truck!

Oldcow
    Waiting for a new truck these days is like fishing:
    > at first you are really stoked about it (initial truck order);
    > then no nibbles and your frustrated (months waiting to even get a VIN let alone a build date);
    > then a nibble or a catch and the excitement jumps up again (you get a VIN and/or an order date);
    > then a lull and all you get are nibbles and you get bummed out (you keep getting order dates that don't get met).....
    > and the cycle goes on and on until you settle in and have lower expectations;
    > finally you catch the big one (you get a build date);
    > the fun comes when you get it home and you friends finally believe your stories about the one that got away.....

At least that was my experience with Ford last year and this year. In the end, after 8 months of waiting, I was just relieved to finally get the truck.

I'm glad for you on the order. You'll really like it when it is finally yours (and you can start with the mods & making it 'yours').
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Waiting for a new truck these days is like fishing:
    > at first you are really stoked about it (initial truck order);
    > then no nibbles and your frustrated (months waiting to even get a VIN let alone a build date);
    > then a nibble or a catch and the excitement jumps up again (you get a VIN and/or an order date);
    > then a lull and all you get are nibbles and you get bummed out (you keep getting order dates that don't get met).....
    > and the cycle goes on and on until you settle in and have lower expectations;
    > finally you catch the big one (you get a build date);
    > the fun comes when you get it home and you friends finally believe your stories about the one that got away.....

At least that was my experience with Ford last year and this year. In the end, after 8 months of waiting, I was just relieved to finally get the truck.

I'm glad for you on the order. You'll really like it when it is finally yours (and you can start with the mods & making it 'yours').
    After I got the build date, I didn't get much done at work. I'm embarrassed at how many times I checked the status.
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandtb1919 View Post
    After I got the build date, I didn't get much done at work. I'm embarrassed at how many times I checked the status.
    haha...... I know that feeling... It's like a sickness.... When it finally got built and headed to the rail yard I must have called to check on the train's progress every morning and again in the evening. Are we nuts or what?!

After it sat at the rail delivery yard for 2 days waiting to get transported to the dealer I went crazy when the dealership said it could be 3 more weeks before they could get it; and it was less than 40 miles away! I think I embarrassed them when I offered to walk to the rail yard and push the truck to the dealership estimating I only needing a few days to do it that way. They picked it up along with 8 others vehicles sitting there and made sure they got those sold before the end of the month. Go figure....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    haha...... I know that feeling... It's like a sickness.... When it finally got built and headed to the rail yard I must have called to check on the train's progress every morning and again in the evening. Are we nuts or what?!

After it sat at the rail delivery yard for 2 days waiting to get transported to the dealer I went crazy when the dealership said it could be 3 more weeks before they could get it; and it was less than 40 miles away! I think I embarrassed them when I offered to walk to the rail yard and push the truck to the dealership estimating I only needing a few days to do it that way. They picked it up along with 8 others vehicles sitting there and made sure they got those sold before the end of the month. Go figure....
    FYI, for all those waiting for delivery of an ordered Ford truck, once your vehicle is built and loaded on a rail car in KY, your dealer can provide you with a rail car number. Once you have that, there’s an automated number for the Rail carrier (CSX in my case…delivering to Billings, MT). That tracking system provides the location of the rail car your vehicle is loaded on. You’ll know when the rail car reaches the closest Rail-yard (to your delivery dealer) before the dealer does. If you have a lazy dealer/salesperson (Like I did) you’ll have to press them to get you a railcar number… But they can get it from their logistics system.
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldcow View Post
    I've been talking about a new truck since I joined this group in 2016. At that time and ever since I have been interested in the Superduties.

Well today, I pulled the trigger on a 450. The debate in my head 350 vs 450 is over . I can now, over the next 12 to 24 months, figure out what toyhauler we will get, in the meantime we will use our trusted Outback which we love.

Thanks to those who have entertained all of my questions via threads or in DMs. Get ready for more RV questions

Oldcow
    I wish you the best, but be prepared…you might be waiting a good long while. I ordered a 450 Platinum in January from Granger Ford. It wasn’t built, and was going to be rolled to a ‘23 with another “6-9 month” wait. They won’t even make a KR or above until Job 2 starting in April I believe, from what I read. So, there will only be a few months of higher trims before switching to the ‘24 model year. I searched GM’s site and found a couple High Country duallies on a lot about 90 miles away, and bought one. GM has turned the corner, but Ford is still a train wreck. I’ll try again in two or three years. I wanted the 450!
    You can keep track of Ford info on the Blue Oval forum.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too had wanted a F450. Dealer would not do employee pricing or any discounts at all. Went down to the GMC dealer who said no problem to employee pricing and gave us 8500 off right off the top. Guess what we did.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    We too had wanted a F450. Dealer would not do employee pricing or any discounts at all. Went down to the GMC dealer who said no problem to employee pricing and gave us 8500 off right off the top. Guess what we did.
    Just so you know you are not getting it for what a factory employee gets it for. Not even close actually
    It is just a trick manufacturers use. 20 plus years selling for GM
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    I wish you the best, but be prepared…you might be waiting a good long while. I ordered a 450 Platinum in January from Granger Ford. It wasn’t built, and was going to be rolled to a ‘23 with another “6-9 month” wait. They won’t even make a KR or above until Job 2 starting in April I believe, from what I read. So, there will only be a few months of higher trims before switching to the ‘24 model year. I searched GM’s site and found a couple High Country duallies on a lot about 90 miles away, and bought one. GM has turned the corner, but Ford is still a train wreck. I’ll try again in two or three years. I wanted the 450!
    You can keep track of Ford info on the Blue Oval forum.
    There doesn’t seem to be any consistency on these orders. Some order and then have trucks a few months later, others take more than a year. I’ve had dealers say that certain trim packages (and some options) extend the order time. Our dealer said that (and this seems strange) that the spray-in bedliner was an option that would extend delivery (we did it locally, for half the price, after delivery). They also said that the adaptive steering and multi-camera system were long lead options. We already knew that we wanted the Lariat trim level and that excluded some of the longer lead items anyway. It’s crazy to me that these Super-Duty Trucks which represent a disproportionate portion of Ford’s gross margins are suffering such shortages and scarcity. I’m a big fan of EV’s, but there won’t be an EV that will do the job these 3/4 and 1 ton diesels trucks do for quite a while… In the mean time, these manufacturers seem to have head in arse disease. Also, I just hate the sales/delivery models the legacy auto manufacturers cling to. Forcing customers to order through a dealer is frankly ridiculous. For nearly everyone, these dealers add zero value to the transaction. In fact, they make it worse… and siphon margin from the manufacturer…dumb! I’m sure they have legal issues with distributor agreements, but they NEED to resolve those. We have a Tesla Model 3 and the order/delivery process was an absolute delight comparatively. The dealer model is a total dinosaur (which sorely deserves extinction).
    2021 Solitude 380FL (Morryde IS)
    2022 F-450
    Hensley BD-5F

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMitt70 View Post
    There doesn’t seem to be any consistency on these orders. Some order and then have trucks a few months later, others take more than a year. I’ve had dealers say that certain trim packages (and some options) extend the order time. Our dealer said that (and this seems strange) that the spray-in bedliner was an option that would extend delivery (we did it locally, for half the price, after delivery). They also said that the adaptive steering and multi-camera system were long lead options. We already knew that we wanted the Lariat trim level and that excluded some of the longer lead items anyway. It’s crazy to me that these Super-Duty Trucks which represent a disproportionate portion of Ford’s gross margins are suffering such shortages and scarcity. I’m a big fan of EV’s, but there won’t be an EV that will do the job these 3/4 and 1 ton diesels trucks do for quite a while… In the mean time, these manufacturers seem to have head in arse disease. Also, I just hate the sales/delivery models the legacy auto manufacturers cling to. Forcing customers to order through a dealer is frankly ridiculous. For nearly everyone, these dealers add zero value to the transaction. In fact, they make it worse… and siphon margin from the manufacturer…dumb! I’m sure they have legal issues with distributor agreements, but they NEED to resolve those. We have a Tesla Model 3 and the order/delivery process was an absolute delight comparatively. The dealer model is a total dinosaur (which sorely deserves extinction).
    So get rid of dealers???
    Who will service and warranty your vehicle?
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast