User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    The dealer near us is of the same opinion. I hope management at GD is at least getting a news flash that something is amiss.
    I hope they go out of business
    It is what a company like GD deserves
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've dealt with an 'S' at Grand Design. IMO, the best customer service rep I have ever dealt with. Once in warranty and once out of warranty. The first time the parts were sent to me quite quickly after I sent pics of the broken stuff. They also threw in an extra light as a goodwill gesture. The second time was out of warranty and I offered to pay for the parts, but they were sent free of charge. I figure there must be at least two 'S' employees there. Although the one I was dealing with was a supervisor also......
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I hope they go out of business
    It is what a company like GD deserves
    Kind of harsh, don't you (apparently not) think?
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Unfortunately, Grand Design, like so many other companies in all aspects of the world today has had a number of good employees leave, get poached for a "new" company, etc.

They have been replaced with people that have been brainwashed by the "other" manufacturers to refuse any and all help to dealers or customers until the claims are escalated.

We are feeling it on our end as well, so it isn't just "owner relations" that are strained right now.
    Wow, it certainly looks as if the worm has turned for the worse. I guess since demand maybe dying down and claims are rising, companies (including GD) are doing whatever possibe to continue profits even at the risk of reputation. I guess this was inevitable.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMike View Post
    Kind of harsh, don't you (apparently not) think?
    I dont think so, it's exactly what happens to companies whose customers loose faith in their products.
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    70 warranty claims on one unit seems high, if accurate.
    2003 Ford F250 6.0 CC 4wd SB
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    1999 Keystone Sprinter 27FWBHGL (SOLD)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm180 View Post
    70 warranty claims on one unit seems high, if accurate.
    It is actually over 70 now. I lost count. I can post copies of the work orders to substantiate. Some are minor like the screws on the shower baskets coming loose (twice), but other items are major like having the entire entry door replaced due to improper installation, dropping the filon to inspect the upper deck and determine the cause of repeated breaking of exterior screws. The only "non-construction/build" issues that I can recall were replacement of the Insignia range and two control panel toggle switches that literally disintegrated. I take that back. The outdoor kitchen griddle top was warped on delivery. That was submitted for warranty replacement, but we never received a new top due to backorder status. No problem - I removed the griddle and replaced with a custom-built drawer. From my general contractor days, I'm able to repair most things. Finding the time is my issue, though. For the minor items, I have had the dealer address most of those while the rig has been in for the major items. I don't count the issues I have repaired myself among the 70.

We've considered pursuing a buy back under our state's lemon law, but we have to give GD the opportunity to correct the problem(s) first.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I've dealt with an 'S' at Grand Design. IMO, the best customer service rep I have ever dealt with. Once in warranty and once out of warranty. The first time the parts were sent to me quite quickly after I sent pics of the broken stuff. They also threw in an extra light as a goodwill gesture. The second time was out of warranty and I offered to pay for the parts, but they were sent free of charge. I figure there must be at least two 'S' employees there. Although the one I was dealing with was a supervisor also......
    I think its perfectly okay to name someone that gave great customer service. I've received several PMs from other forum members about service managers whose names start with an 'S'. These have not been the same person as to whom I was referring. I will say, after searching through my records, I did have an email encounter with this same person when he/she was in the parts department. That communication was unremarkable, neither good nor bad, but I did not actually speak with him/her on the phone.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post

We've considered pursuing a buy back under our state's lemon law, but we have to give GD the opportunity to correct the problem(s) first.
    If it was mine that would have happened long before the claim count reached 70.
    2003 Ford F250 6.0 CC 4wd SB
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    1999 Keystone Sprinter 27FWBHGL (SOLD)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    I think its perfectly okay to name someone that gave great customer service.
    I agree, but within the scope of this thread, I figured if I named the person...determinations could/would be made.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast