User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsm180 View Post
    If it was mine that would have happened long before the claim count reached 70.
    Lemon-laws for RVs are a tricky thing. We purchased in NC. The laws there are weak and I think are limited to RVs < 10,000 lb GVWR. Virginia's laws (our state of residence) are better, but it is a difficult process that appears to be stacked in the manufacturer's favor. And again, the manufacturer has to be given the opportunity to correct the problem. I can't recall if Virginia law provides for 2 or 3 attempts to successfully repair the issue. Additionally, the issue has to be one that prevents use (current issue does) or has a direct safety impact.

At this point, our attorney is on stand-by and is just awaiting our instructions following the dealer's assessment of the slide box and GD's response.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2021 gd momentum 397. It had slide box issues. Slide popped out because GD tie wrapped hydraulics lines and wires to the slide wheels. Had a broken frame, side walls not attached with the proper lags bolts and not enuff. The front wall had two lag bolts on one side and non on the other to attaché the front wall to the side walls.
    Broken frame fixed, walls reattached properly and slide box fixed. All these issues were as a result of GD poor build and quality!!!
    Gd sent their guy out twice and lippert once.

I have dealt with gd customer service and they have been good…. Just remember the customer service reps at GD work on quotas for getting stuff fixed!!!! They probably make bonus for getting units fixed !!
    I like my GD momentum but GD is no different than any other manufacture….. just a different sticker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    I think its perfectly okay to name someone that gave great customer service. I've received several PMs from other forum members about service managers whose names start with an 'S'. These have not been the same person as to whom I was referring. I
    I was one of those PMs. I dealt with Susan Bond several times and all in all she took care of business. All contact was done via e mail, which I prefer because it gives me a paper trail.
    There were some logistical screw ups, but that was caused by internal lack of communication btween departments and the fact that 2 items I had sent to my daughter's house in CT, not to my home in Florida as we were using our TT and travelling the country.

(One part I received was actually the incorrect part but had the correct part label, so that's a GD supplier/inventory problem not customer service related)
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dealt with Susan Bond as well. I thought she was very good.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiro1 View Post
    I have a 2021 gd momentum 397. It had slide box issues. Slide popped out because GD tie wrapped hydraulics lines and wires to the slide wheels. Had a broken frame, side walls not attached with the proper lags bolts and not enuff. The front wall had two lag bolts on one side and non on the other to attaché the front wall to the side walls.
    Broken frame fixed, walls reattached properly and slide box fixed. All these issues were as a result of GD poor build and quality!!!
    Gd sent their guy out twice and lippert once.

I have dealt with gd customer service and they have been good…. Just remember the customer service reps at GD work on quotas for getting stuff fixed!!!! They probably make bonus for getting units fixed !!
    I like my GD momentum but GD is no different than any other manufacture….. just a different sticker
    What was your frame issue?
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My frame issue was a broken frame on the door side. It was where the side wall and frame meet.
    Grand design didn’t put the right diameter lag bolts and they missed putting in abut 2/3 of the bolts also. This caused the side wall to beat the frame until it broke. They also didn’t put bolts in the front wall that attach to the side walls. This caused all kinds of issues in the front of my closet.
    Lippert came to my service center and fixed it. I watched the guy and he told me everything that GD missed !!
    It was an example of poor build quality and no quality control

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My frame issue was a broken frame on the door side. It was where the side wall and frame meet.
    Grand design didn’t put the right diameter lag bolts and they missed putting in abut 2/3 of the bolts also. This caused the side wall to beat the frame until it broke. They also didn’t put bolts in the front wall that attach to the side walls. This caused all kinds of issues in the front of my closet.
    Lippert came to my service center and fixed it. I watched the guy and he told me everything that GD missed !!
    It was an example of poor build quality and no quality control
    What were the symptoms?
    I am having some issues and am curious about your situation.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caulk cracking on the outside around trim
    Gutters leaking
    Trim coming off the inside of bedroom
    Closet doors coming off track
    The front bedroom wall was moving when in trasport

What are your problems

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caulk cracking on the outside around trim
    Gutters leaking
    Trim coming off the inside of bedroom
    Closet doors coming off track
    The front bedroom wall was moving when in trasport

What are your problems
    I know you weren't referring to me with the question, but see this thread for what we are experiencing on the door-side of our coach https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...or-Coincidence
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    I dealt with Susan Bond as well. I thought she was very good.
    I dealt with Susan for a defective TV. She was very responsive in getting it replaced.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte

2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast