User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to RV’ing with a 2022 Reflections 303 RLS

Living in central Florida, I am surrounded by water. Boating (cruiser yachting) was one of our escapes. We sold our boat during Covid with the market conditions being what they were. Another escape is traveling to connect with our adult children living in NY, CO, TN. My wife and I are both full-time professionals still working.

I started reading up on RVs and we decided a 5th-wheel would be the 1st investment in RV’ing. Grand Design really impressed me. Coach weight was a concern for towing with my vehicle, so I kept myself in the Reflection series. In 5 months of ownership it has already traveled 5,000 miles. I’m about to leave for Breckenridge, CO for a winter experience working remote, seeing family, and enjoying the holidays.

Larry & Carrie
    Longwood, FL

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome from another new guy. Safe travels and happy camping.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I am originally from upstate NY (Albany). I spent a lot of time in western NY (BUF, ROC, Jamestown, etc.)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard (pun intended). I was a recreational sailor for 30 years (monohulls - mostly keelboats) and when my late wife and I were young, we dreamed of living aboard. When I retired the second time, Wife 2.0 and I realized that it would be difficult to make inland ports to see grandkids in a sailboat. So, our home now has wheels rather than a keel (couldn't quite make that rhyme without using the plural for "keel"... and twin-keel boats aren't very common).

Happy and safe travels.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaCarrie View Post
    Living in central Florida, I am surrounded by water. Boating (cruiser yachting) was one of our escapes. We sold our boat during Covid with the market conditions being what they were. Another escape is traveling to connect with our adult children living in NY, CO, TN. My wife and I are both full-time professionals still working.

I started reading up on RVs and we decided a 5th-wheel would be the 1st investment in RV’ing. Grand Design really impressed me. Coach weight was a concern for towing with my vehicle, so I kept myself in the Reflection series. In 5 months of ownership it has already traveled 5,000 miles. I’m about to leave for Breckenridge, CO for a winter experience working remote, seeing family, and enjoying the holidays.

Larry & Carrie
    Longwood, FL
    Welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us. Let us know when questions come up (they will), there are many knowledgeable folks here willing to share their expertise.

Like @Second Chance, I have a bit of a background in boats (mainly smaller sailboats). In my case, it was the DW's dislike for the boating life that lead to our finding the way to Grand Design. We both love our Reflection.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S