User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morryde Pin Box for 398M

We pulled the trigger yesterday on a discounted 2022 Momentum 398M-R and were negotiating for the inclusion of a Morryde pin box. We had negotiated the pin box as part of the deal, but the sales rep came back and said his technical guys said there wasn't one that fit the 398m, so they further discounted our sales price. Supposedly Reese is developing an aftermarket pin box for that model, however?

This seemed strange to me , but wanted to hear if any one else has installed a Morryde on their 398M. If so, what model are you using? There were a few things that needed to be done before we picked it up, so I don't have the rig handy to go grab a part number for the factory pin box so I can cross reference it.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the dealer didn't do their research:

https://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel...de/MR55QR.html

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't sound right as @Second Chance states. Some Momentums, 398 included, come with the Rhino Box. I know Morryde has an option for Rhino Box, and the Reese Goosebox gen 3 also fits the Rhino Box.

Congrats on the purchase. Maybe, you'll end up getting yours before me. Hoping to get a call this week saying it's finally arrived.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clange View Post
    We pulled the trigger yesterday on a discounted 2022 Momentum 398M-R and were negotiating for the inclusion of a Morryde pin box. We had negotiated the pin box as part of the deal, but the sales rep came back and said his technical guys said there wasn't one that fit the 398m, so they further discounted our sales price. Supposedly Reese is developing an aftermarket pin box for that model, however?

This seemed strange to me , but wanted to hear if any one else has installed a Morryde on their 398M. If so, what model are you using? There were a few things that needed to be done before we picked it up, so I don't have the rig handy to go grab a part number for the factory pin box so I can cross reference it.

Thanks.
    What is different on the "R" model?
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    What is different on the "R" model?
    For now, it has a Samsung residential fridge.

After the New Year, there will only be a Furrion 12 volt fridge available in all GD products.

No more 110 residential and no more gas absorption.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    For now, it has a Samsung residential fridge.

After the New Year, there will only be a Furrion 12 volt fridge available in all GD products.

No more 110 residential and no more gas absorption.
    That's too bad We love our 2118 propane fridge.
    We recently completed a 4 week boondocking trip. That was 4 weeks out in the woods, with no trips into town. In Week 4 DW was fixing tacos for dinner. I was suprised to find tomatos and lettuce included in the fixins. I asked her about it, and she replied "This fridge is amazing, by far the best RV fridge we have ever had...It is even better than our Home fridge."
    We did have some trouble with the cheap fans they use, but that was an easy fix. I put some quality water resistant fans with a 50,000 hour life rating in it. That should be the end of that problem.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.
    Take the discount and run. Run to someone who sells the MorRyde for that rig - they do make them. Better yet, if you have a long bed just get the Reese Goosebox.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, y'all. I don't remember seeing the Rhino name on the pin box, so I need to check that again. If that is what it is, then it looks like I got a good discount for something I can buy cheaper and install myself!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.
    Our dealer switched out the Rhino box on our ‘22 Solitude 2930RL to the MorRyde pin box. We got the same one that Second Chance sent you the link to.
    Take the discount and get one somewhere else. Glad we got ours; it made a big difference in ride quality in the TV.