User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Txdabj1,
    Here are pictures of my trailer fitting, and both fittings on my hose.
    - Check your male fitting to ensure it is correct. Can you post a pic of the male hose fitting.
    - Be careful with this suggestion: Try removing the trailer female fitting, turn gas on and see if gas is flowing. Keep this to a very short duration.
    - If no gas is flowing, trace your propane line back to the tank and ensure there are no kinks in the line.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230101_172141.jpg   20230101_172318.jpg   20230101_172334.jpg  
    Ken & Tammy
    Union Valley, TX
    2021 GD Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2019 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Casa Woody, I don’t have the fittings with me. I just bought a high flow male fitting a few days ago. I was using a low pressure fitting before I noticed the female quick connect was high flow.

I will check to see if I have gas coming out the quick connect as you suggested.

The bottom picture you posted is a low flow fitting. Are you using that fitting on the appliance end of the gas hose? I connected my hose straight to the camp stove without a quick connect.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So…I finally resolved this issue thanks to Joe at Propane Warehouse!

I got a manometer and tested the gas pressure coming out of the low pressure quick connect fitting attached to the gas manifold on the trailer. It measured 16” of water column per the manometer. This is too high for small LP camp stove.

Joe said the stove needs no more than 11” WC. This is equivalent to about .5” of PSI.

I bought a Cavagna low volume regulator. Some will say low pressure regulator but the regulator is described as low volume. I tested the gas line coming out of the Cavagna regulator and got 11.2” WC. Perfect! The 81 year old camp stove works like brand new.

I think GD probably installs the high pressure quick connects because larger appliances (larger than 100K BTU’s) need it to operate properly. Just my assumption though.

I appreciate everyone’s help!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123