User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    And if that that same person has the voltage tester you need, he will also have a plastic baggie full of old style trailer light bulbs, automotive type 12 volt fuses, 120 volt wire nuts, and 12 volt automotive wire connectors. If he's got all that, you can be sure he has an all in one electrical crimping and wire cutting tool, some black electrical "friction" tape, a few pieces of wire in various gauges from a previous project, and a couple of spare water heater thermostats. He'll say hello, introduce himself like an old friend and chat you up. Hes's got enough time and curiosity to see what the heck is going on with your camper. If he likes beer, buy him at least a 6 pack AFTER he's through! God Bless these guys!
    Hey. I’m that guy. I’ll be looking for you. Ha.
    2021 Reflection 312 BHTS, Silverado 2500 Duramax

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    And if that that same person has the voltage tester you need, he will also have a plastic baggie full of old style trailer light bulbs, automotive type 12 volt fuses, 120 volt wire nuts, and 12 volt automotive wire connectors. If he's got all that, you can be sure he has an all in one electrical crimping and wire cutting tool, some black electrical "friction" tape, a few pieces of wire in various gauges from a previous project, and a couple of spare water heater thermostats. He'll say hello, introduce himself like an old friend and chat you up. Hes's got enough time and curiosity to see what the heck is going on with your camper. If he likes beer, buy him at least a 6 pack AFTER he's through! God Bless these guys!
    lol.... spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyStar View Post
    Hey. I’m that guy. I’ll be looking for you. Ha.
    yeah - it's probably me too....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks to all who responded. The problem seems to be that I accidentally turned off the switch!
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS 5th-Wheel
    2018 Ram 350 Crew Cab, 6.7 Turbo Diesel, Aisin transmission, DRW,

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I did have to replace the battery. Killed it by failing to keep the acid level up. Lesson learned.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS 5th-Wheel
    2018 Ram 350 Crew Cab, 6.7 Turbo Diesel, Aisin transmission, DRW,

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jenkins View Post
    Many thanks to all who responded. The problem seems to be that I accidentally turned off the switch!
    This happened to a lot of us.
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Jenkins View Post
    But I did have to replace the battery. Killed it by failing to keep the acid level up. Lesson learned.
    Hopefully you replaced it with an AGM battery. That will allow you to not worry about the water level in the battery. The other way is to switch from lead acid to lithium.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issue when we changed from outdoor to covered storage. When it was outdoor the solar panel kept the batter topped off. When we moved into a covered storage barn the house battery kept dying, It turned out to be the CO2/Propane detector which is hotwired to the battery bypassing the battery disconnect. I ended up installing a second battery disconnect right by the house battery that disconnects EVERYTHING. Has worked like a champ since we put it in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I was wondering what battery brand you have had the best luck with over time? I currently bought a unit that has a Interstate rv/marine battery in it but I think it's on the way out. Thinking of possibly putting in a couple of 6v batteries.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still running my Interstate deep cycle. I plan on upgrading in stages. Stage 1 is to get the inverter and the battery monitoring system installed. Next will be a 200 Ah Lithium Phosphate battery, then last will be installing two to three more solar panels.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123